*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1311500-An-EX-ceptional-Evening
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #1311500
Cassie is on a blind date and runs into her EX!
An EX-ceptional Evening

“Oh no,” Cassie moaned, raising her menu higher shielding her face.

“What’s wrong?” Damien, her blind date asked.

That last thing she wanted to do on her first date in months, was talk about the man who left her brokenhearted, but since Adam was on a date in the same restaurant, Cassie didn’t have much of a choice.

She peeked over the top of her menu and leaned forward. “My ex is here on a date.” Her eyes darted from Damien to Adam. He still looked good, was smiling at the blonde seated across from him. Anger swelled deep in the pit of her stomach and she felt sick.

Damien tossed his napkin on the table and sat back in his chair. “So you’re obviously still hung up on the guy.” He turned his head and followed her stare to the couple seated a few tables over. “Do you want to leave?”

Cassie couldn’t believe her ears as she shifted her eyes back to Damien. “No.”

Damien smiled, and reached his hand across the table. “The worst thing you can do is let him see how upset you are.” Cassie set the menu back down on the table and rested her hand in his. “The best thing you can do is relax and enjoy the evening. I promise to make it as painless as possible.”

Cassie laughed, and suddenly felt like everything was all right. She didn’t need to get upset and make a scene. Her relationship with Adam was over. They were both moving on.

“Hello, Cassandra,” Adam said, the blonde snug against his side.

She looked up at him; Damien gripped her hand and began rubbing his thumb over her skin. Her eyes met Damien’s and she smiled at him, and then turned to her ex.

“Hello, Adam.”

word count: 300, excluding title.
© Copyright 2007 Purple is House Florent (purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1311500-An-EX-ceptional-Evening