*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1329031-The-X-factor-a-life-chaning-event
by Zoe
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1329031
A short fanfic about a teenage girl whos' xfactor dream changes her life for the better!
It was all Maria's idea, but still, we all went along with it. Lined up outside the MEN arena, four best friends. Maria, usually the quiet one, Sasha, loud and crazy, Lucy, good at everything and me, Charlotte, I'm just the shy one that nobody ever notices.

We got our badges with the numbers on, 33331, 33332, 33333 and 33334. All after one another.

The atmosphere in the 'Holding room' was tense, families crowding round their childiren, showing off about how their child is the best. Friends, like us, chatting, trying not to break down, loners, looking scared and alone, couples, hugging each other like it's the last tme they'll see each other. One by one, well, actually, four by four, everyone was called through to the next room.

When our numbers were finally called out, we clung on to each other. Maria was first, we all stood by the door listening. She belted our a fantastic rendition of Celine Dion's 'My heart will go on' and everyone seemed impressed. Simon told her she was the next Leona Lewis, Louis said that she was the next Charlotte Church, voice of an angel, and Danni said she was lost for words. We couldn't hear the rest, but all we heard has an almight scream and Maria came crashing through the doors, jumping up and down with excitement. Before she had change to tell us about it, Sasha was called in. She sang her favourite song, 'Toxic' by Britney Spears and once again they were impressed, Sharon branded her 'one of the best we've seen so far' and everyone agreed. We heard four small voices, all sayin 'yes' and Sasha came running out of the doors, screaming 'I've got the X factor!'

Next up was Lucy, singing 'Since u bin gone' by her idol, Kelly Clarkson. I think we all agreed that she was by far the best out of us all so far and that if she didn't get through then no one else in the country would have a chance.

Not surprisingly, she got through...

Then...it was my turn. I entered the room and Danni, Louis, Sharon and Simon all looked at me with expectant looks on their faces, as if they wanted something from me...
'Hello! What's your name?' Danni aksed, as I took my place on the 'X'
'I'm Charlotte Manning' I told them. Danni told me to start singing when I was ready...well, tha wouldn't be anytime soon, but I began to sing Maddona's 'Ray of light' Simon stopped me when I got to the chorus.
'I like your voice, it's unique...you've got potential' he told me, smiling
'I agree, with a bit of work, you could be even better!'
'Yes' Danni said, smiling at me,
'Yes' agreed Louis,
'Yes.' Sharon smiled at me, Simon had a disdainful look in his eyes, but none he less, he said yes!
I ran out to my friends, screaming,
'I got through!'
And that was the day that changed my life forever...As i went on through boot camp to the live shows...to the final...
It was just me against a 16 year old boy called Damion...he was really good.
I stood on stage and belted out my final song, 'Song for Mutya'. The crowd cheered and chanted my name. I almost broke down in tears. I've never ever in my life had a standing ovation!
Me and Damion stood on the stage, hand in hand, waiting for Dermot to reveal the results...
'And, the winner of The X Facotr 2008 is...' He paused, keeping everyone in suspense... 'CHARLOTTE!'
I screamed, jumping up and down, I hugged both Damion and Dermot and prepared my self for my FINAL performance. I sang 'Everything I do(I do it for you) dedicating it to all my friends and family who have supported me all the way through this...
And that day truly did change my life...
Before X factor, my life was abit of a mess, my family didn't want me and i was quite unpopular, i'd attempted suicide many times...but now, im building my life and getting to places i could never have inagined id be...
© Copyright 2007 Zoe (zoeyyw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1329031-The-X-factor-a-life-chaning-event