*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1378393-Six-almost
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest · #1378393
Monday's Winner! for the Writer's Cramp birthday. ~ Thank you Demon Squirrel of Doom.
Today's Prompt:

Did you know that 6 of the letters in "celebration" -- E, A, T, I, O, N -- are the most used letters in the English Language? (I didn't, until recently; thank you, Snapple.)

Write a story or poem about a birthday celebration without one of the letters in the word "celebration"-- A, B, C, E, I, L, N, O, R or T. You can choose which letter of the ten not to use (and please post that letter at the top of your item), but the letter cannot appear anywhere in the actual poem or story. (I'm really interested to see how some of you will spell the word "birthday," LOL.)

(16 lines)

The letter “N” is owhere to be foud *Bigsmile*

Six, almost...


Six, almost… *Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6* *Balloon1*

Happy sixth birthday! *Bigsmile*
Sit back without a cramp, *Thumbsup*
six is your age, *Cool*
party favors for all! *Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6*

Cake is your treat, *Thumbsup*
lights perched high atop wax, *Idea* *Idea* *Idea* *Idea* *Idea* *Idea*
put back the quill, make a wish *Rolleyes*
with a big smile, *Bigsmile* blow out the flames. *Blush*

Read the cards, *Dollar* *Dollar* *Dollar* *Dollar* *Dollar* *Dollar* *Bigsmile*
tear through the packages, *Gift1* *Gift2* *Gift3* *Gift4* *Gift5* *Gift1* cut the bows. *Cut*
Come together for a party! *Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6*
Truly a delight, all should go. *Bigsmile*

As you slip back the covers, *Yawn*
dream through the dark, *Snow2*
with a joyful heart remember; *Heart*
you are six, almost… *Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6* *Balloon1*


*Paw*
    *Paw*

*Paw*
    *Paw*


© Copyright 2008 Stargazer (stargazer1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1378393-Six-almost