*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1386460-Blind-Date
by Jeff
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1386460
A man goes on a blind date. (Contest entry to include a list of keywords.)
When Rachel first sat down at the table, it was love at first sight. The SHIMMER of her ULTRAMARINE eyes in the candlelight was enough to take his breath away. Her porcelain features were perfectly framed by straight, RAVEN hair, which smelled of JASMINE. Her beauty was almost ETHEREAL, complemented a form-fitting evening gown of exquisite, INTRICATE craftsmanship. He wasn't a religious man, but he found himself offering his heartfelt OBEISANCE to whatever DEITY saw fit to grace him with such PERFECTION.

The blind date went well. He was GALLANT, charismatic, and very HUMBLE when asked about his business. In reality, he had nothing to be humble about. ZEPHYR Technologies just posted record profits this quarter, and had recently opened a manufacturing plant in XIAMEN.

She, by contrast, was a swimmer. As she described her aquatic accomplishments (most recently a competition in ARABIA), he conjured up VIVID images of this NAIAD slicing through the water, graceful and elegant... almost like QUICKSILVER.

To the onlookers at other tables, these two couldn't be more perfect for one another. They spent hours talking to one another, marveling at the FORTUITOUS circumstances that brought them together. He found himself mesmerized by the sensual LILT of her voice every time she spoke.

Then, just as his thoughts turned toward taking his perfect date home for the perfect end to a perfect evening, his fantasy was shattered as Rhonda slurped up entrée number THIRTEEN.

She grinned at him, baring a YELLOW, toothy smile as he surveyed the MAELSTROM of eaten food and empty dishes around her. He forced a smile and did his best to make the most of his blind date with this CALLOUS woman, resolving to be a perfect KNIGHT in shining armor, no matter how BELLIGERENT she became throughout the evening.

"When we get back to my place," Rhonda offered, her best seductive voice inhibited by the mouthful of cous cous she was currently enjoying, "If you're good, I'll even show you my Xena WARRIOR Princess outfit and then we can really get this date going!"

Oh, how he longed for just one date with Rachel, the woman of his dreams.


(358 words)
© Copyright 2008 Jeff (jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1386460-Blind-Date