*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1431978-Human-Imperfection
Rated: E · Article · None · #1431978
This article is about people who think they're perfect and are not.
Human Imperfection

Have you ever met someone who acted like they were better than everybody else or knew everything about anything? These are the ones who believe they are perfect and can do no wrong. I'm sure we've all met someone like this.

Some would call this an American paradox: The people who want to be perfect are themselves imperfect. Some imperfections that the so-called "superior" people have, but won't admit to, are numerous and include jealousy, envy, pride, lying, and hatred, just to name a few.

Let's not forget that these people who feel they are free from imperfections are too proud to admit that they are not perfect. Take the Shakespearian play King Lear. At the beginning of this classic play, King Lear forces his daughters to tell him their feelings for him. He comes across as a selfish and vain individual. He'd seen himself as the greatest king of all. He felt the world owed him something and needed to be reassured of his pompous and arrogant attitude. Lear finally realized that he was not perfect.

Politicians are another example of human imperfection. Almost every person who holds a public office, whether it's federal or state, has some kind of flaw. Each officeholder can use and abuse their power to their advantage while trying to hide their own imperfections. How many politicians have we heard about that have committed adultery or have experimented with drugs? Many of them will not admit to doing anything wrong and that their past is flawless. However, they are all human and have erred at some point in their life.

I, personally, know that I am not perfect nor do I pretend to be. I do make mistakes just like everyone else does. I do get jealous and envious at times, but I will also admit when I am wrong. I know that I am far from being perfect.

Some parents seem to think that their children can do no wrong, and whenever someone else tells them differently, they don't want to hear it. Again, I'm sure we've all met parents like this. Their child breaks your window, but whenever you confront the parents, they'll deny that it was their child.

Therefore, if you realize that you are not perfect and that you make a mistake, then people won't see you as someone that's described above. If you're wrong, admit to it. You'd be surprised at how many people will look up to you as being human and look past your imperfections. After all, nobody's perfect.

Carroll, J. (2008, March 24). Hope and the Universality of Human Imperfection --- The Boston Globe. Retrieved May 27, 2008, from http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/03/24/hop...
Shakespeare, W. (n.d.). William Shakespeare: King Lear. Retrieved May 27, 2008, from http://www.e-scoala.ro/referate/engleza_shakespeare_king_lear.html

© Copyright 2008 bjshaffer40 (bjshaffer40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1431978-Human-Imperfection