*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1444901-Knowing-Jesus-and-Knowng-of-Jesus
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1444901
The love of Jesus
2nd John Verse 9

9. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.



Matthew 7:21-23

21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works?

23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.



There are things that every true child of God knows, and feels deep within their hearts; that is the doctrine of Christ. I would like to go over the doctrine in the hopes that a lost person would read this and open their eyes.



1. Jesus is precious.

To those of us who know him. He is our Lord and Savior. He went to Calvary to be crucified for your sins, and for mine. He is precious because he loved me so much that he chose to come my way and save my soul from Hell. To a saved person Jesus is our best friend, and our Lord. We strive to obey his commandments, and want nothing more than to hear him say "Well done." Though we fall short, He is always there to pick us up and tell us it's all okay. He is the Good Shepard, and we are his sheep, and we come to his voice. We do not make fun of him, nor mock him. We love, and respect Him, because of what He has done for us. He let His body be destroyed so we could live. He became sin, so we could be forgiven. He came to where we were, and offered us His Salvation. He rose from the dead, and left us the Holy Spirit, to comfort us.

Now, to those who only know of Jesus. These people ignore his commandments and joke about the laws. They live lives of sin, and have no problem in doing so. To them, Jesus is just someone to call out to, if they get scared. These people don't care for his word; some pick and choose what they want to believe from the Word, and deny what they don't like. Lost people love the world, and all it has to offer. Many mock him, and turn his name it to a curse word. Hypocrites say they follow Him, yet none hear Him. Lost people are not His sheep rather, that of the devil. There are some lost, who are deceived in believing that the Lord Jesus Christ is in Heaven laughing with them while they go out into sin. For these, they are wrong.



Galatians 6:7

7. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.



John 3:16, 13:1, 16:27

3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

13:1. Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

16:27. For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.



Romans 5:8, 8:37-39

5:8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

8:37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come.

39. Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our lord.



1st Corinthians 2:9

9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither, have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.



2. The Bible is the Word of God, and we stand upon it.

The King James is God's infallible word, with no mistakes and no contradictions. The King James has not been changes since 1611; no other bible can say that. To those who know Jesus it is how he speaks to us. The Bible is not just a book, but Jesus himself. He is the Word, and he never changes. How he has instructed us through his Word, is how we try to live our lives. We are not perfect, we fall short, but we try to be. His Word is our sword, our weapon against the forces of darkness. It is where we go for guidance, to feel the love of Jesus, and to be rebuked for what we might have done wrong. We believe everything in it, no matter what the world may say about. It was through the Word that the Holy Spirit convicted us of our sins, and the Word that tells us of the Lord Jesus and the Salvation he offers. It tells us of his love, and of his judgments. Lets us know what is right and what is wrong. The Word is our foundation; we stand upon its promises, and know that it is true.

When you know of Jesus, the Bible is just a book that has good stories and morals. To the lost religious folks they find the version that best fits their lives. They don't stand upon what Christ has said, and choose to ignore things that they don't want to accept. With all these different versions of the Bible out there, they can find one that justifies the way that they live. They don't believe all of it, and say that it contradicts itself. Some don't believe any of it. If you don't believe the Word of God, you won't be saved.





Psalm 33:4; 119:11, 50,103,105,140,160

33:4. The word of the Lord is right.

119:11. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

50. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

103. How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

105. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

140. Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

160. Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.



Proverbs 30:5

5. Every word of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.



Isaiah 34:16; 40:8

34:16. Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read.

40:8. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.



Matthew 4:4

4. But he answered and said, It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.



John 1:1, 14

1:1. In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.



Romans 10:17

17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.



3. Salvation of change.

Jesus does not save you from something and wants you to go back to it. If your salvation has never produced a change in your life, you never got it. Those who know Christ, do their best to turn from sin, and not give into the lusts of the world. When Jesus passes your way, he changes everything about you. From your speech, your clothes, your friends, and even your desires. When you have Biblical Salvation you can't go back to the old things you used to do, because the Holy Spirit has moved in and taken over. You arise as a brand new creature.



John 5:13-14

13. He that was healed wist not who it was; for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.

14. After word Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him. Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.



Romans 6:1-15

1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized unto Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection.

6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.

9.Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our lord.

12. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.



1st John 1:6

6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not know the truth:



4. Those who know Jesus will separate themselves from the world.

Knowing Jesus will make you not want to be around certain things. He will want to put distance between you and the things of this world. The world thinks we are crazy, because we read our Bibles, apply it to our lives, and love to go to church. We don't drink, womanize, smoke, dress like the world, fornicate, or any of that other world stuff. If your Born Again there is something about you that the world just doesn't have. Also, we are the children of God, who commands us to be holy like Christ.



2nd Corinthians 6:16-18

16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols: For ye are the temple of the living God, as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my People.

17. Wherefore come from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean things, and I will receive you.

18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.



1st John 2:15:17

15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16. For all that is in the world the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.



5. We know we are sinners.

Everyone that knows Jesus, has had to admit that. We were drawn under conviction, to a place of repentance, and called on the name of the Lord.



Romans 3:10; 7:15-24

3:10. As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one:

7:15. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate that do I.

16. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?



6. Power of the Blood of Christ.



Romans 5:9

9. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from the wrath through him.



Ephesians 2:13

13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.



1st Peter 1:2

2. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.



1st John 1:7

7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.



Revelation 1:5-6

5. And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood.

6. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.



7. Heaven or Hell.

This is the end, just one last question: What will it be Heaven or Hell?



Revelation 21:3-8

3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new, And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6. And he said unto me, it is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.



© Copyright 2008 iccrobaa (iccrobaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1444901-Knowing-Jesus-and-Knowng-of-Jesus