*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1452559-War-and-Wine
Rated: 13+ · Script/Play · Drama · #1452559
Young Edmund Huet struggles to maintain his family's vineyard during World War II.
Merit Badge in Drama
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your second placed win in  [Link To Item #1421907]  for the Winter 2008/09 round *^*Smile*^*

For 2nd Place in "The Play's The Thing."


Featured in the "Authors" Newsletter DTD: 6 Aug 2008.
Featured in the "Drama" Newsletter DTD: 21 Jan 2015.

WAR AND WINE

A play in one act
by: StephB




CHARACTERS


Edmund Huet: main character, 18, Edmund is struggling to keep his family's vineyard viable. His father died of a heart attack a couple of months ago.

Claire Huet: 50, Edmund's mother. She's struggling to come to grips with her country's occupation by the Nazis.

Isabelle Huet: 16, Edmund's sister.

Armand DeBeaux: 40, runs a cafe in Beaune. A friend of Edmund's late father.

Remi
Giles

Armand's customers and members of the French resistance.

Volker Schleich: late 30's. He's the German "winefurher" who bullies Edmund.



Setting: The Huets live just outside of the French town of "Beaune," near Dijon in the Burgundy region of France. This region is known for making chardonnay and pinot noir. It is 1943.



Scene Breakdown


SCENE 1 - Huet's living room

Edmund is dirty having come in from the vineyard. Clair is upset. Volker is there and tells Edmund he needs several cases of wine for Berlin immediately. Edmund wants to do the right thing, but is torn about giving the Nazis any more wine. Claire tells Edmund to find Remi and Giles at Armand's.


SCENE 2 - Armand's cafe

Edmund finds Armand. Remi and Giles talk Edmund into selling them the wine instead of giving it to the winefurher. Edmund decides this is the right thing to do.

SCENE 3 - Wine cellar

Edmund is stacking cases onto a pallet. Volker comes by and inspects them. Pleased, he leaves. Remi and Giles comes in to inspect and they switch the shipment, taking Edmund's wine and shipping grape juice to Berlin.

SCENE 4 - Armand's cafe

Volker reports the train with the wine arrived in Frankfurt "light," and he needs another shipment of wine for Berlin. He tells Edmund not to cheat him again.

SCENE 5 - Huet's living room.

Edmund worries about cheating Schleich. Claire comes in and tell him he's doing the right thing allowing the French resistance to take the wine.

SCENE 6 - Wine cellar

Remi and Giles leave Edmund after another switch. Volker enters announces he seen the switch and and demands the Huet's pre-war wine they have saved. A shot rings out. Claire has shot the winefurher. "Vive la France," she says. Edmund is left to wonder what the right thing to do is - report the murder or just bury the winefurher.


*************************



SCENE 1
The Huet’s Living Room


It’s mid-afternoon. Edmund is dirty. Claire is in a wheelchair arguing with Volker. The living room has gray light coming in through the dingy windows. The furniture is dusty and dull.

CLAIRE

We don’t have that amount of wine, Herr Schleich!

VOLKER

Oh, come now, Frau Huet. According to your own records you’ve shipped high volumes before. I know you can produce the amount of cases I’m asking for.

         (enter EDMUND and ISABELLE. EDMUND is wiping his hands on a rag. Isabelle follows           him in.)

EDMUND

What’s wrong? Isabelle heard someone arguing.

CLAIRE

Herr Schleich wants fifty cases of chardonnay!

EDMUND

         (frowns)
Fifty? That’s too much.

VOLKER

I know you have fifty or more cases of the ’37 vintage. I wrote it down when I first inventoried your estate.

EDMUND

How do expect us to make a living – keep making wine – if we have to give fifty cases to Berlin? As it is I can only afford a small staff for the harvest.

VOLKER

         (crosses his arms)
Don’t act put out. The Reich pays you a fair wage, Boy. Or are you trying to cheat the Furher?

EDMUND

100 Reich marks a case is hardly a fair wage.

VOLKER

         (walks up to Edmund as he slaps his white gloves into the palm of his hand)
And who else will buy your precious wine? No one. You are forbidden to trade with those not friendly with the Reich. Now Berlin is requesting your best chardonnay. I will come here tomorrow at the same time to pick up the wine personally.

EDMUND

         (reluctantly nods his head)

VOLKER

         (raises his arm)
Heil Hitler.
         (exits)

EDMUND

         (looks at his mother)
We could have made so much more.

CLAIRE

If only your father was alive! He’d—

EDMUND

He’d what? Give into the winefurher just like I did. We all know what the Nazi’s are like. The occupation is peaceful so far. France is still France.

ISABELLE

         (holds up a letter)
Mama, this came for you.

CLAIRE

Bring it here.

ISABELLE

         (brings the letter to her mother and then starts to flip through the magazines on a nearby nightstand)

CLAIRE

         (reads the letter, smiles)
Edmund clean up. Two of your father’s friends, Remi and Giles, are at Armand’s café. I want you to go talk to them tonight.

EDMUND

         (raises a curious eyebrow)
Oh?

CLAIRE

They can help you.

EDMUND

How?

CLAIRE

They belong to the Resistance.

EDMUND

The Resistance? It’s a crime to help them. I could go to jail. You can’t afford to lose me here. Who would harvest the grapes?

CLAIRE

Then you must be careful, son. The Resistance is growing. It must be strong when England and America come for us. Let me tell you secret…
         (pauses. Isabelle looks up as if to listen, but doesn’t say anything)
Your father was part of the Resistance. He was proud of it. Any honorable Frenchman would do his best to thwart the Nazis – your father did. Go find his friends and pick up the Huets’ cause for France.

EDMUND

         (sighs. Walks to the window and looks out onto the vineyard)
If I get caught—

CLAIRE

Your father knew the risks. He still took them. He believed that in helping the resistance it was the right thing to do. We may only make humble French wine, but I’d rather see it go to our country’s aid then to spoil a foreign despot.

EDMUND

         (turns around)
You’re right, Mama. I’ll go see your friends.
         (walks toward the door)

CLAIRE

Wait!
         (she wheels to the desk, quickly pens a note and gives it to Edmund)
Give this to Armand when you arrive.

EDMUND

         (nods his head, exits)
         (the curtain falls)


*************************



SCENE II
Armand's Cafe


It's early evening. Remi and Giles are sitting at the bar. Armand is working behind the bar. The are a couple of customers strewn throughout the cafe. Even though the sun is setting, the cafe is unusually dark.

(Enter EDMUND. He walks up to the bar next to Remi and Giles. Armand turns around to face him.)

EDMUND

Good evening, Monsieur DeBeaux.

ARMAND

Ah, young Edmund. Good evening.
         (to Remi and Giles)
Edmund is Gaston's son.

         (Remi and Giles nod their heads pleasantly at Edmund. Edmund does the same to them.)

EDMUND

         (hands Armand an envelope)
My mother wanted me to give this to you.

ARMAND

         (reads the letter)
Mon Deux! That wine Schleich was at your estate today?

EDMUND

He wants our '37 chardonnay. Mother says it's not right to give it to him.

REMI

Oh, she's right! '37 was an incredible year.

GILES

Indeed. Your father shared a bottle with us. That vintage would fetch a small fortune on the open market.

ARMAND

         (offers Edmund a shot glass)
Conquac - a man's drink. Have some.

EDMUND

         (takes a slow sip)
Thank you.

ARMAND

Come now, young Edmund, it's safe here. Your mother says in her letter she's told you about us.
         (lowers his head and whispers)
We're part of the resistance - it's true.

EDMUND

She wants me to sell you the wine instead.

GILES

Ah, she's a wise woman. That wine would help buy guns and radios - much needed equipment for our cause.

REMI

Would you sell it to us?

EDMUND

I...I don't know. The winefurher -

ARMAND

Damn him! This is for France, boy!

GILES

I know it's hard on the estate. We'll give you a portion of the profits so you and your family can get by.

EDMUND

What would I give the winefurher if I don't give him the wine he demands?

REMI

         (chuckles)
Give him grape juice.

EDMUND

Then he'd really take the winery away from us.

ARMAND

Nonsense, boy. Say you're with us and we'll help you fool that fool, Schleich.

EDMUND

         (backs away from the bar a little, unsure)
If Herr Schleich -

GILES

Damn that greedy German! What's more important to you boy - your loyalty to France or your honesty to a German winefurher? You're a Frenchman - through to the bone. We all must do what we have to so these vile pests leave our land.

REMI

And our wineries! (pauses) You aren't alone, boy. We were your father's friends and now we're yours.

ARMAND

What do you say, boy? France or some German scum who will gladly rape your wine to give to a despot?

EDMUND

         (stands up straight)
France, of course! Viva la France!

ARMAND

         (reaches out and pats Edmund on the shoulder)
Good, boy. You've made the right choice and with a little luck, grape juice will fill Berlin's coffers. Now, here's what we'll do -
         (reaches out to Remi and Giles. The four men huddle around the bar, whispering)

THE CURTAIN FALLS.

*************************



SCENE III
The Wine Cellar


In the middle of the cellar is a pallet. The cellar is dusty and cast in earthy tones. Edmund is alone, slowly loading boxes on the pallet. The lighting is dim.

(enter VOLKER. He's wearing a nice white suit and is reluctant to touch anything.)

VOLKER

Good work, boy. How many more cases do you have to load?

EDMUND

         (Pauses. Pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes his sweaty brow.)
At least thirty. These cases are heavy.

VOLKER

         (Walks around the pallet. He's hesitant to go to the rear where there's a stack of brown cases because it looks dirty)
Open the last box you put on the pallet and give me a drink.

EDMUND

         (confused)
You want a drink of wine?

VOLKER

I would be remiss if I didn't sample it. I want to ensure Berlin will be happy with what I'm sending.

EDMUND

         (Takes the last box he loaded off and puts it on a nearby table. He opens the box. Each box has six bottles of wine. He pulls out a bottle, goes to a nearby counter and opens the bottle. He takes a clean class from a cabinet and pours the wine into the glass. Then he hands it to Volker.)

VOLKER

         (sniffs, then sips the wine)
Wonderful. A brilliant chardonnay. Complex and enjoyable.

EDMUND

         (frowns, disheartened to give good wine to Berlin.)

VOLKER

         (finishes the glass and puts it on the table.)
Don't be so glum, boy. Berlin will be pleased. Keep the box open on the table and I'll have my men fetch it for me when they return.

EDMUND

Do you have the money you said you'd pay for the wine?

VOLKER

          (chuckles)
Haha. Your mother collected it from me the second I walked through the door. She wouldn't let me come down to the cellar unless I paid her.

EDMUND

Well, thank you for the money, at least. It will help.

VOLKER

I do appreciate a good wine, boy. Now, I'll send my men back in two hours. Have the pallet out front and ready to be loaded onto their truck.

EDMUND

I'll be ready.

VOLKER

There's a good boy. You have a good attitude. If your wine is well received, I'll give you a bonus.

EDMUND

A bonus? From you?

VOLKER

I know I don't seem the type, but I do appreciate your cooperation. I think your mother needs a new wheelchair --

EDMUND

         (offended)
Don't bother. I'll buy her a wheelchair. We'll take your money for the wine, but we don't need a handout.

VOLKER

If I were you, I'd appreciate my kindness, boy.
          (raises arm)
Heil Hitler
         (exits to the right)

EDMUND

         (Sighs. Pauses, wipes his sweaty brow. He cautiously walks toward the right exit and ensures the winefurher is gone. Then he walks to the opposite side of the stage and motions for Remi and Giles)

(enter Remi and Giles from the left.)

GILES

The winefurher is gone?

EDMUND

Yes.

REMI

Did he see the extra boxes that we put in the corner yesterday? The ones filled with grape juice?

EDMUND

No. He was dressed real nice. I don't think he wanted to inspect a dirty wine cellar.

GILES

Good. How long do we have?

EDMUND

The winefurher and his men will be back in two hours.

REMI

We don't have much time.
         (he begins to unload the boxes Edmund put on the pallet)

EDMUND

         (nervously wipes his forehead)
If Schleich finds out about this --

GILES

         (also unloads boxes. Him and Remi put the good wine boxes aside and start to bring up the boxes that were in the rear of the cellar)
He won't.

REMI

The Germans won't find out until the wine is in Berlin - if that. I've heard they have a tendency to let our good French wine rot in a warehouse - full of prizes collected from the countries they occupy.

EDMUND

         (surprised)
They wouldn't open the boxes and drink the wine?

GILES

         (both him and Remi are loading their boxes onto the pallet. Edmund begins to help.)
I hear they can't possibly drink all the wine we ship. It sits in warehouses along with rare works of art to age and be unappreciated.

REMI

Don't worry. Giles and I will give you a portion of the money we make on the black market. We already have buyers lined up to take possession of the wine in Calais.

EDMUND

         (nervously nods his head.)
All right.

GILES

         (pats Edmund's back)
Don't worry, boy. This is the right thing to do. Viva la France, as your mother would say!

EDMUND

         (weakly)
Viva la France!

(Edmund, Remi, and Giles continue to load the boxes with grape juice onto the pallet. The curtain falls as they work)


*************************



SCENE IV
Armand's Cafe


It's late afternoon. The lighting is dim. Remi, Edmund, and Giles sit at the bar. Armand stands behind the bar. Everyone is dressed in lightweight jackets to show the passage of time. (early autumn)

REMI

Good news, boy. We collected your share of the shipment today.

EDMUND

You did? How much?

GILES

         (pulls out a wad of bills and slowly puts them on the counter)
Fifty Thousand Pound Sterling.

EDMUND

Pound Sterling? But everything here is in Reichmarks.

ARMAND

I can change that for you. Don't worry, boy.

EDMUND

I'll need you to change it. I should be able to hire ten men to help me with the harvest.

REMI

Ten isn't enough.

EDMUND

We still have bills to pay and Mama does need a wheelchair.

GILES

When will you start the harvest?

EDMUND

In a week or two. As soon as I can hire the men.

REMI

Has anyone looked at the grapes to see if they're ready?

EDMUND

         (hurt)
I did. Papa taught me how to care for them.

ARMAND

Leave the boy alone. His father did right by him when it came to the grapes.

GILES

So, do you have anymore vintage wine to sell?

EDMUND

There's a '35 pinot locked away in our hidden cellar under the winemaster's gatehouse, but the winefurher doesn't know about it. I want to save it in case we need the money after the war.

REMI

We'll get the twice the money for that pinot then we did for the chardonnay.

(enter VOLKER. He's dressed in a nice suit and a long coat. Marches up to the bar.)

VOLKER

Huet! We need to talk.

EDMUND

         (turns to face VOLKER. Nervous.)
What's wrong?

VOLKER

I just got a memo from Berlin. That chardonnay was a little too sweet for their tastes.

EDMUND

What do you mean?

ARMAND

Surely you tested the wine before it was sent, Herr Schleich.

VOLKER

Of course I did, but that's not to say the boy tricked me.

REMI

He didn't have time to trick you, Herr Schleich.

VOLKER

         (looks directly at EDMUND)
Let him speak for himself. What happened, boy? Berlin says they received grape juice.

EDMUND

         (stands up from the bar stool, finds courage)
You tested the wine yourself, Herr Schleich. Whatever happened to the shipment wasn't my fault.

VOLKER

         (studies EDMUND. Decides to believe him)
Fine. Berlin is still demanding a chardonnay. The '38 will do. It's not as full bodied as the '37, but it should still be...adequate.

GILES

         (passionately)
French wines are never adequate! They are exquisite!

VOLKER

         (ignoring GILES)
Have the shipment prepared tomorrow by two and I will come by to inspect it. You better not cheat me, boy. If Berlin reports another tainted shipment I'll confiscate your vineyard.

EDMUND

Yes, Herr Schleich.

VOLKER

         (raises arm)
Heil Hitler
         (exits)

ARMAND

Ah, there's the challenge, men. Do you have enough grape juice for the '38 vintage?

REMI

Yes.

EDMUND

Wait! You can't mean to trick the winefurher again?

GILES

We can and we will. Look at it this way, boy, the money that shipment will bring will allow you to hire five more men for the harvest.

EDMUND

I can get the harvest in on time if I had five more men.

ARMAND

         (slaps his hands on the bar, smiling.)
Then it's settled. Remi and Giles will help you change out the wine for grape juice.

REMI

A round, Armand!

ARMAND

Of course!
         (he pours a glass of cognac for all.)

GILES

Viva la France!
         (they all raise their glasses and drink. EDMUND looks nervous and unsure.)

(THE CURTAIN FALLS)

*************************



SCENE V
The Huet’s Living Room


It's late at night. A small lamp is on near the couch. ISABELLE is sitting on the couch. EDMUND is standing up, arms crossed.

ISABELLE

What's wrong, Edmund?

EDMUND

Armand and his friends want to replace tomorrow's shipment with grape juice again, but...

ISABELLE

But what? I may be young, but I understand what's happening, brother. The war isn't good for France.

EDMUND

Well, Berlin checks the shipments. If I cheat the winefurher again, he said he'd confiscate our vineyard.

ISABELLE

You don't want to lose the vineyard, do you? Just say no.

EDMUND

How can I tell Armand and his friends, no? Sending a second shipment of grape juice is too dangerous.

(enter CLAIRE. She rolls in on her wheelchair and right up to EDMUND.)

CLAIRE

You don't tell them no, son. Let them take the wine. I approve. Armand will make better use of it.

EDMUND

Of course they will, but it will be all for nothing if the winefurher takes our vineyard.

CLAIRE

He will never take it! (pausing) I would stop him before he did.

EDMUND

         (sympathetically)
But Mama, you're in a wheelchair. I can't let anything happen to you or Isabelle.

CLAIRE

Oh, my sweet boy, I can't let anything happen to you. Sit.

EDMUND

         (sits on the couch next to ISABELLE.)
Mama, this vineyard has been in our family over three hundred years. I can't be the one to lose it.

CLAIRE

         (wheels her chair over EDMUND and reaches out, squeezing his hand.)
You won't. Believe me the land was here before us and it will be here after us. We're just the keepers of the land, tasked with keeping it fertile and rich. The Germans could care less about French soil. Those miserable bastards have fought war after war wanting to take our land so they can ruin it with their ruthless efficiency.The only way to defend our ground is to trust Armand and his friends completely. They need what we can give them so the resistance can thrive.

EDMUND

         (hangs head, moved by his mother's speech.)
We're caretakers. We must do right by the land - by the grapes.

CLAIRE

There's a good boy. I'm going to get some rest. You two should go to bed, too.

ISABELLE

Do you need help, Mama?

CLAIRE

No, Belle, I'm fine. Good night.

(exit CLAIRE.)

EDMUND

         (stands up and holds out his hand to ISABELLE.)
If you were me, what would you do, Belle?

ISABELLE

         (takes his hand.)
Take care of the land. If it won't make more grapes, then it can't provide for us.

EDMUND

Then that's what I'll do.

(exit EDMUND and ISABELLE. THE CURTAIN FALLS.)


*************************



SCENE VI
The Wine Cellar


It is late in the afternoon. The lighting is dim. A pallet is full of boxes, ready to be shipped. Edmund is dirty. Isabelle brings in a bowl of fresh water and towels, putting them on a table to the right of the set. Remi, Giles, and Armand are standing around the boxes, dirty.

REMI

         (walks toward the wash bowl)
Good timing, Isabelle. My hands are filthy from moving so many boxes.

         (GILES and ARMAND join REMI at the bowl)

         (Isabelle quietly touches and EDMUND and motions toward the exit. He nods his head and she EXITS)

GILES

What time is it?

EDMUND

Close to four. You better hurry. The winefurher will be here shortly.

ARMAND

We'll leave as soon as we wash our hands. (chuckles) It's hard work switching wine for grape juice.

REMI

Boy, you'll have your payment within the week. We've all ready found a buyer for your chardonnay.

EDMUND

That was fast.

ARMAND

         (smiling as he washes his hands)
I have a loyal British friend who appreciates a good chardonnay.

EDMUND

What if Berlin checks the shipment again?

GILES

How long did take them to check the last time? Two months, I believe. Two months is plenty of time to blame it on hijackers or someone else.

ARMAND

Remember, one of the cases the good wine. Make sure Schliech drinks out of that one is he wants a sample. Once you fool him, you'll be good to go.

EDMUND

I'll do my best.

REMI

         (walks up to EDMUND and slaps him on the shoulder)
We would never let the Nazis take your land, Boy. We'd take up arms and fight them.

(ISABELLE ENTERS from the left)

ISABELLE

You better hurry. The winefurher just pulled up.

(REMI, GILES, and ARMAND march toward the right exit. ARMAND pauses in front of EDMUND)

ARMAND

We're all proud of you, Boy. Your father would be proud, too. Viva la France!

EDMUND

         (nods his head, a little choked up)
Thank you.

REMI

         (at the exit)
Hurry, Armand!

(ARMAND races for the exit and leaves with REMI and GILES)

ISABELLE

Are you worried?

EDMUND

Yes. The winefurher is a clever man. Here, help me inspect the cases to make sure they're shut tight.

(ISABELLE and EDMUND look over the boxes. They are shut tight. ENTER VOLKER from the left)

VOLKER

         (raises had)
Heil Hitler! Is the pallet ready, Boy?

EDMUND

Yes, it is.

VOLKER

         (coolly walks around the boxes)
I want a sample.

EDMUND

         (goes to the box in the front. He's about to unseal it)

VOLKER

No, not that one, Boy. That one. (points to the box beside the one EDMUND is about to open)

EDMUND

Does it really matter what box you sample out of?

VOLKER

I never pick the ones on the end. Little quirk of mine.

EDMUND

It's all the same wine, Herr Schleich.

VOLKER

Is there a reason you want me to drink out of the one you selected, Boy?

EDMUND

         (glances nervously at ISABELLE)
No, it's all the same.

VOLKER

Good. Now fetch me my sample.

(EDMUND reluctantly unseals the box VOLKER wants. ISABELLE goes to the cabinet and brings EDMUND a wine glass. EDMUND opens a bottle, pours it, and gives it to VOLKER)

VOLKER

         (sips, then spits it out)
Sweet! Grape juice!

EDMUND

         (stands tall, find courage)
I guess you found me out, Herr Schliech.

VOLKER

How dare you, Boy! Smug even now! I'll have your winery for this. Or...

ISABELLE

         (also stands tall, proud)
Or what? We have nothing left to give.

VOLKER

Oh yes you do. Your entire pre-war wine stock.

EDMUND

         (angry)
No! You can't have that.

VOLKER

Have it your way. I'm going to call for the soldiers.
         (walks toward the left exit)

EDMUND

Stop!

(CLAIRE ENTERS from the right, in her wheelchair, a gun in her lap. While VOLKER still has his back to EDMUND, CLAIRE takes the gun and shoots VOLKER. The winefurher collapses. ISABELLE runs to EDMUND. He wraps his around her. VOLKER dies)

EDMUND

         (stunned)
You shot him!

CLAIRE

I wasn't about to let him take our land from us. We'll be better now without him harassing us.

EDMUND

You didn't have to kill him, I would have offered him another shipment of good wine.

CLAIRE

And he would have taken more. We all knew how greedy he was. Whatever you offered him wouldn't have been enough.

EDMUND

What are we going to tell the soldiers who are waiting for him?

CLAIRE

         (matter-of-factly)
Just being them the pallet and tell them Schliech says they cane leave and that he's enjoying a fine glass of wine before he departs.

EDMUND

But someone will miss him!

CLAIRE

Who? A bureaucrat in Berlin? I doubt it. And if they do, we'll just feign ignorance. No one else knows I shot him. The Nazis would never believe a woman in a wheelchair could have killed such a vital man. This is war, Edmund, and we all have to do what we have to so we can survive.

EDMUND

What about his body?

CLAIRE

Let it rot among the grapes so he at least gives us a little back for our troubles.
         (exits to the right)

EDMUND

Is this what war does - pit man against man? I can't report this and turn my back on my mother, but I can't just bury him with the grapes. Someone, somewhere would miss him.

ISABELLE

Does it matter? You can't afford to wrestle with your conscious, Brother. There's a war out there. Who knows how many have died to protect France?

EDMUND

What if he has a mother? Doesn't she deserve to know what happened to him?

ISABELLE

Did France deserved to be defeated? Did our men deserve to die in the trenches defending our land? Did their mothers know how they died?

EDMUND

What's the right thing to do?

ISABELLE

Do right by the grapes, Ed. Remember when it comes down to it, the land was here before us and it will be here long after we're gone.

EDMUND

         (goes to a darkened corner and grabs a shovel and wheel barrel)
Help me hide him until we can get rid of the soldiers.

ISABELLE

This is the right thing to do. How do you feel?

EDMUND

Sick to my stomach, Belle, but if this makes me a man, then so be it. I'm tired of being called a boy. I may not have fought for my country in the army, but I feel like I have now.

THE CURTAIN FALLS.







© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1452559-War-and-Wine