*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1497336--Solace-
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Drama · #1497336
A couple learns to cope with the emotional scars after a savage beating leaves her deaf
~ Solace ~


The mischievous sparkle of her green eyes, the flash of her dazzling smile when she is happy, an impish kiss tossed over her shoulder as she ducks below deck, all things I would have taken for granted six months ago. Now they are as precious to me as my next breath. I hold fast to the little things, to the signs that my Abby is slowly coming back to me. They are what keep me going.  Forever extinguished is the child-like innocence, so uniquely Abby. Gone is the tinkling joy of her laughter. Both stolen from her in the abduction and the savage beating that nearly took her life.

I failed her. I live with that truth everyday. I looked her in the eye that day in the elevator and promised no one would hurt her. She believed me. She says she still does. I see the shadow of fear and uncertainty when I am not within her reach. It is one of those little white lies people tell themselves. She says she knew I would come for her, and I did. I wonder if she knows I would give my life to make her whole again.

Pushing off the sailboat's railing, I take one last look at the night sky before heading below deck. She deserves better than I can give her, yet we find solace in one another’s arms. She knows it doesn’t matter that she forgave me. In the end, I cannot forgive myself.


Head bowed, her willowy form bare of all but ink work and collar, she kneels beside the mattresses awaiting my pleasure. I approach on silent feet, though it doesn’t matter. I know when she feels the shift in the cabin’s floorboards beneath her knees. Silent and still, her breath quickens. Gathering her lush ebony locks I enclose them in one fist, lifting it to the side so I may admire the intricate Celtic cross newly entwined in a briar rose that marks the fair skin of her back. Her breath falters as I squat behind her, my lips trailing down her nape. Gooseflesh erupts as the heat of my breath fans her chilled skin.

With a smile I stand. Fist still entangled in her hair, I urge her onto the bed and settle behind her. My arms go around her, pulling her back to my chest. Cupping her small breasts in my palms, I knead the tender flesh, plucking at her nipples with work roughened hands. The arch of her back, the parting of her lips, they tell me all that I need to know. I won’t let that bastard win. We’ve never really needed words, my girl and I.

Sliding a hand down the flat of her belly, my long fingers dip between her thighs. Her lips already puffy with desire, my forefinger rides the tight channel, tracing her wet slit time and time again. Her head rolls back on my shoulder, eyes glazed with passion as I tease the pierced nub I find there. Helplessly she rocks between the press of my arousal and the torturous touch of my fingers. A rumbling purr emanates from the depths of her chest and I can wait no longer.

~  † † †  ~
 

The rock of the mattress and the cool air on my skin herald his departure. My legs tremble with the exertion of remaining knelt upright on the softly rolling surface. Apprehension builds, a cold ball of dread replacing the heat of my need. The loss of my hearing is magnified as I force myself not to turn in search of him at times like this. Time seems to stand still. Nervously I hug myself, attempting to chase away the feeling of vulnerability. The bed dips under his weight, and he is holding me close again. The tension melts away. I am safe in his arms. His breath is hot against my ear, murmured reassurances I am sure. A lump of misery forms in my throat, as I would give anything to hear his gruff whisper again.

He knows. Slowly I am turned to him. His hand cups my cheek, his thumb wiping away the tear that leaks under my lashes. I am ashamed. Tears are like apologies. They show weakness. It is OK. I love you, he signs to me. The intensity of his pale blue eyes speaks volumes. He doesn’t lie. He can’t lie. It is not in him. He is a protector by nature. My kidnapping and beating almost killed him. Now we live for one another. Together we make a whole.

Emboldened by the love shining from his eyes, I press forward, putting my love and passion into a kiss that tumbles us down to the bed. His eyes sparkle and his face lights up as he laughs against my lips. The rumbling vibration of his amusement runs through me like an electric shock, fanning my need. Abandoning his lips for this moment, I set to stripping off his clothes. Boots, worn Levis, gray t-shirt, and flannel form a haphazard pile on the cabin floor. I close my eyes for just a moment breathing in the scent that is uniquely him. A combination of crisp autumn air and sawdust is the closest I have come to describing it. How the sawdust lingers on with the boat finally finished and sea worthy is a mystery to our friends. I know it is just him.

My eyes fly open, back arching, lips forming a perfect O as he rolls me beneath him and joins our bodies in one powerful motion. I revel in the multitude of sensations, nerves on sensory overload as my body stretches to accommodate and rejoices in the fullness. He locks eyes with me, slowly pulling back before impaling me again and again, never losing eye contact. The waves seem to respond to our love, the boat rocking in rhythm with our bodies. His thrusts get harder. My hips rise to meet them, my eyes begging him to complete me, to make me whole. Fingers laced with mine, he moves forcefully over me, bringing me to the brink time and time again. I can feel the pant of his breath as he teeters on the edge of his own release. Wrapping my long legs about his waist I pull him down hard, driving him to the hilt as our orgasm washes over us with cleansing savagery. Washing away the doubts, the pain, the past, and leaving only us…right now. 

~ Word Count: 1,085 ~ 

             

     
© Copyright 2008 Mara ♣ McBain (irish_hussy69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1497336--Solace-