*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1528227-It-takes-one-person-to-change-things
Rated: · Article · Other · #1528227
a comparing of themes from the movie Pleasantville and the book The Giver
Pleasantville and The Giver

Every major movement in history has started because of one person’s ideas. It only takes one person to inspire another into doing something. It takes one person to change things. Martin Luther created many religions by just saying how the Catholic Church was unfair. People were move by his actions and words so much they broke away from their church. In the little thing that he did he created new ideas that have greatly affected history.

In the movie Pleasantville, Bud changed the way the whole community acted. He gave color to the town. He gave the people art and literature. In just the little things that he did he changed so much. He fought back against the prejudice of the people to better them. He inspired people to do what they love. He gave people the right to choose what they want to do and to be who they are. He changed the entire way the community acted by doing what he believed.

It the book The Giver, Jonas went against the rules of the community because he knew it would better them. He knew how the people were missing out on so much culture so he acted out to give it back. In escaping he was able to give people the memories of the past. He knew how much the people had given up and knew how much they needed to realize that. By just giving back memories he completely changed the whole community.
© Copyright 2009 Lockhart (slockhart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1528227-It-takes-one-person-to-change-things