*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1566920-Blessings-of-Mother-Nature
Rated: E · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1566920
Two women planned a ceremony and got a real surprise.
Raine was awakened by a scratching sound at her window. Outside, everything had a lustrous covering of virgin snow. What a magnificent sight: a white wedding arranged by nature. This was serendipity. Raine danced about her room with a heart filled with joy.

An outdoor wedding had been planned. It was April and South Carolina’s weather had been mild. There was a tent set up for the reception and the ceremony was to be held under a flower filled gazebo.

They had waited so long to be legally known as a committed couple. Both had written vows whispered from that special place where love is discovered and nourished. This was a strong ten year relationship that had withstood many attempts to fracture it.

Raine pulled on her robe as the heavenly aroma of coffee reached her room. Entering the bright yellow kitchen, she heard sniffling.
Edna was crying, “I knew something would go wrong, after all the planning and money. What will we do?”
Raine kissed her Mom’s vanilla scented cheek.

“I am getting married, Mom, that is what we will do”.
“You always were a precocious child. Some things never change”.
Edna looked into her daughter’s sparking azure eyes, “You are a beautiful bride, my dear”.

So, in a winter wonderland, Raine and Sharon were joined together.
Hot buttered rum was served. Someone made two snow women with veils.
Rented tables and chairs were moved and traditional shag dancing was in front of a roaring fire pit. People danced for fun and to keep warm.
In the wee hours of the morning the newlyweds, with stardust in their eyes, boarded a plane for Hawaii.

By Kathie Stehr
© Copyright 2009 Redtowrite (kat47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1566920-Blessings-of-Mother-Nature