*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1568447-Born
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Virgil
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Folklore · #1568447
Where shall it go?
From blood we are born to the blood we lose over time, lost to the earth. We walk upon the hallowed doors of men, of beasts, and carry the burdens passed down by our ancient ancestors. From the very first gasping of air when we cry out to the new world, to our very last shudder of breath, we strive for that something unobtainable, or we lay to rest any yearnings yielding ourselves to fate alone. But fate has a way of turning in upon itself, for you see, not everything goes quietly into the night, nor are the vanities of the world meaningless pieces of flotsam floating to the bottom of the sea. They are stepping stones from one walk of life to the next, and can be used as such, or even seen as the people. Life utters the words from our mouth, and that which is born can be very powerful in the most devastating of fashions, or humble to the point of lonely solace.

Now then, to capture all of these facets, let us look at the life of one creation in particular. This life is named Thomas Icharye. If you can imagine his name as a song, you will understand his life with nought much difficulty. Without any preconceived meaning to ride out any storm in his life, Thomas traversed the breadths and depths of many a harsh trials before coming into his own, but we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Adrift in the wake of the Trimeridian sea aboard a floating ganymede lived a young couple enjoying lifes whims.

One morning when Thomas watched the sun rise from the depths of the ocean,
A Kraken climbed the rail and seated itself upon the deck
"Good morning Mister Kraken," said Thomas quite politely.
"Good morning human child," said the elderly bemused Kraken.
Thomas stared in wide-eyed wonder at the marvelous sight of the Kraken
The Kraken lazily beamed at the curious little child
"Why do you find me so intriguing child?" said the Kraken to the boy.
"Why because I have never seen anything quite so peculiar as you before."
The Kraken geruggled, which is something like laughter Thomas thought
And the Kraken tenderly wrapped Thomas in his sopping wet tendrils
Tossing him playfully into the rays of the bright morning sky
"This is spectacular!" laughed Thomas rather joyfully as he floated in the air.
"You're most entertaining and quite puzzling little child." sprimmed the jolly Kraken.
Mister Kraken gently set Thomas back on the deck
And betwixt his beak he produced an oddly colored fruit of sorts
"What sort of fruit changes shades like seaweed and looks as soft as the ocean?" Thomas inquired of the Kraken almost as much to himself.
"Why the bounty of the sea dear child, as plain as the barnacles on the hull," Geruggled Mister Kraken once again.
"The bounty of the sea?" Thomas said as he gazed at the fruit.
"Why yes child, the bounty of the sea! For you see this fruit is actually extraordinarily special, as only Krakens can produce them but once every year amidst the rays of the morning sunrise. It is one of the rarest delicacies in all the ocean kingdoms and is treasured by almost all ocean dwellers."

© Copyright 2009 Virgil (cartaphilus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1568447-Born