*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1568491-One-to-Lose
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Animal · #1568491
Jesse recovers her stolen horse, but soon she's running for her life.
Published by Monkey Publishing, 2009


Jesse is a fourteen-year-old girl living in Upper Maine. Her horse, Starbuck is stolen. How will she ever go on? Later, when she recovers Starbuck, she should be able to begin living again, but fear has her choked into inaction. Then strange things start happening and soon Jesse is running for her life.


Excerpt:
The security guard had moved off down the hall. He stood with his back to the bathroom, his foot propped on the step at the water fountain. He picked at his fingernails with a small knife. He raised his head and peered ahead of him down the hallway. Then, he focused on his knife-work again.
A soft scrape sounded from one of the shadows between Jesse and the guard. A dark figure edged into the hallway, something shiny in his hand. It caught a small ray of light and flashed at her. A knife, long and jagged.



© Copyright 2009 SherrasQ (sherras at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1568491-One-to-Lose