*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1572544-Laughter-in-the-Dark
Rated: GC · Short Story · Fantasy · #1572544
A vampire's first experience
Laughter in the Dark


The panting coming from my mouth was so much for me to handle because I have never been so keen on the smell and taste of fresh human blood. The broken glass across the alley showed my face beat red, rage inside me. My eyes flooded with brilliant red; all the green disappeared. My eyes widened with thirst and I couldn’t find the strength to stop myself from searching for a feast that cold winter night I woke up as a new being. All I remember was being bit.

Bit…

A man passed the alley on the street. I could smell in twenty yards away. He smelt so good. What was this feeling? Thirst. The word chimed in my head annoyingly like the bells of a clock tower. I was no murderer. But I could not help myself. The man that passed by smelt so good. I was so… thirsty. Instinctively, I jumped up a darted with phenomenal speed to the man and brought him back to the alley within a second. I slammed him against the wall, gripping his neck. The man squirmed. I turned my head to examine his face. The fear was delightful.

The man was speechless. He couldn’t even yelp. I gave him a cold grin. I sniffed him one more time. I couldn’t resist. I sank my teeth inside his neck and sucked. The blood was so sweet. It felt so good.

I wanted more. I ran until I found another man. I grabbed him and ran into another alley. I slammed him into the wall. He tried to pry my hand of his neck. I laughed at his futile effort. My hand was unmoving. “I’m not afraid of you,” he choked staring into my eyes.

This angered me. With my other hand, I grabbed one of his and bit off every finger. I looked at his face with new curiosity. He showed signs of pain, but fear was absent. I growled in rage and slammed him into the ground. He stamped on his legs, shattering them into pieces. I was having so much fun that I didn’t notice that I’d killed him, leaving me without the satisfaction. I drank his blood.

But it wasn’t enough. I wanted more. I needed more. I ran through the city streets and grabbed a couple. The same fear was in their eyes as the man I fed upon the first time. Feeding on them wasn’t enough. The fear made me happy. It made me feel stronger. I threw the man with my new found strength against the wall. I turned and looked at the woman. I let go of her neck and she dropped to the ground.

“Monster,” she managed to say. I chuckled. I smashed her leg. She screamed piercingly. I could feel myself burning along with it. The strength was almost unbearable.

“Watch your pretty boyfriend,” I hissed at the woman. I picked him up effortlessly with one arm. I jumped up and bounced off the side of the buildings with the man in hand, gaining height. At the top, I dropped him. I dived down to the ground and hit it before he did. The impact he made when hitting the ground made his bones crack and blood squirted everywhere. The woman screeched and wept, but I was distracted by the new blood that was in front of me. I fed on him as well. He writhed in the pain and the girl could only watch and cry. I enjoyed her pain. This man’s blood was even sweeter than the first. It was delicious, and I indulged until he was dry.

I spun my head around to look at the woman. She was no longer looking, but her sobs were causing adrenaline to pulse through my body like electricity. The energy was so satisfying. I grabbed her by the wrist and lifted her as I could. “Stop it!” she cried. I bit into her wrist. I stopped and looked at her face one more time. There was so much pain, so much agony. It was delicious. I bit into her neck and sucked.

I dropped her to the ground. I noticed that I stopped breathing. The satisfaction that pounded through my body made me feel so good. It was better than anything I had ever felt in my life. Nothing has tasted so sweet than the blood of a human with fear.

I licked my lips. It had started to rain. I sat down in the alley next to the man and woman. I looked into the puddle and saw my face. My eyes were brighter than ever. My whole face was covered in dripping blood along with my entire body. At first, my expression was blank, but I smiled. I chuckled. And then, I laughed. I laughed harder than ever. I looked up and listened to the echo of my cold sound. I chuckled again.
© Copyright 2009 Darikana (darikana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1572544-Laughter-in-the-Dark