*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1580921-The-Accident
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1580921
A Story written using only dialogue, written for a contests where only dialoge is allowed.
“Come on it’s time to leave.”

“Oh Mom, do we have to leave right now? The movie is almost over.”

“Rachael Anne, I said NOW!”

“Fine!”

“Don’t slam the door.”

“We’re going to be early anyhow. I just don’t see why I couldn’t watch the last 5 minutes of the movie.”

“It’s not like you haven’t seen it before and we need to pick up your brother on the way.”

---------------
“Mom! Look out!”

“I can’t move my arm. Mom it hurts.”

“Mom… Can you move?”

“It’s ok. Just a… Ohh, Ahh.”

“It’s ok, Miss, We’ll have you out in a few minutes.”

“Wait, where’s my mom? AHH, my arm!”

“Please, Lie Still!”

“Where’s my daughter? Rachael! Rachael?”

“Joe, give me a sedative, NOW!”

“NO! WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER?”

“Please, DON’T MOVE!”

“Mom, hey, it’s ok. Everything’s going to be fine. Please just lie still.”

“Baby, it’s ok. Are you ok? Oh…..”

“We’ll be fine, just don’t worry.”

________________________________________
“Water? Plea..se”

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

“Numb”

“Let me call the Nurse, K?”

“Rachael, are you ok?”

“Sure, mom, it’s just… Well, let me get the nurse first.”

“Hello, how are you feeling this morning?”

“Morning? Wait, Why can’t I move?”

“Rachael, what is going on? Ahh…”

“Mom?”

“I um, can feel now, and AHH, ok, so maybe I hurt a little bit.”

“Here you go, this should help.”

“Ok, so what aren’t you telling me Rachael Anne? Stop looking so guilty!”

“Well, you’ve been in here for a week.”

“A week! Wait, the car, OH! Are you ok?”

“It's nothing just a broken arm.”

“What, what happened?”

“The truck came straight at us, if you hadn’t gone into the ditch we would both be gone, as it was he hit your side of the car pretty hard.”

“That bad? Where is your brother?”

“He’s at Uncle Ted’s house. They left about thirty minutes ago.”


“Hello, my name is Doctor Turner. I have been looking after you. I need to check a few things then I will answer any questions you have.”

“Um, Ok, so. Oh please don’t, that hurts.”

“Sorry about that, I had to check to see how much feeling you had in that hand. Can you feel this?”

“Feel what?”

“How about this?”

“Are you trying to be funny Doctor?”

“Ok, how about this?”

“Yes! AHH!”

“Ok, so are you done with the torture? Um, what exactly is wrong with me?”

“Well, you have some spinal injuries, and your legs are in pretty bad shape. We did operate so I don’t think that the paralysis will be permanent especially since you have regained some feeling in your legs. However you’re not going to be dancing anytime soon.”

“Rachael?”

“I’m here mom.”

“So, Doc, when can I leave?”

“You can’t be ready to leave our hospitality so soon?”

“Really Doc, when can I go home?”

“It will be three weeks, if you start therapy tomorrow. Nurse please call down to physical therapy and have them start her early tomorrow morning. Now, here are my orders, and if you want to leave here in three weeks, you will need to listen. You may not move your Left arm at all. The bones we set on that side cannot be moved for another week. And for you Young Lady, if you don’t get some rest I will be admitting you next to your mother.”

“Yes sir, Doctor Turner. I just, want to make sure that; mom is all set before I go.”

“Now, I will be back to check on you after your first therapy session tomorrow, to see how it went. “

“Ok, mom, I am leaving for a little bit. Are you sure you have everything where you can reach it?”

“Rachael, I’m fine. Go home, get some rest and don’t you come back tonight!”

______________________
“Yes, Uncle Ted, they said therapy starts tomorrow.”

“Has she looked in the mirror yet?”

“Not when I was there. Though, I am sure she won’t be able to see much with the bandages on her face.She has no idea that they had to do any plastic surgery on her. They were keeping her sedated last night so she would sleep. The physical therapy will be a shock for her, but mom’s tough. She can handle it.

“Maybe; I just wish it wasn’t going to take so long for her to get moving around again. That part is going to be hard for her. You should take your brother up to see her early in the morning before they take her down to therapy.”

__________________________
“Hello, I am Officer Joseph Green. I need to talk to you about your accident.”

“Well, I can tell you as much as I remember.”

“That’s all I am asking.”

“We were rounding the curve and the truck came out of nowhere. I went over in the ditch, it just wasn’t enough. Did the driver of the truck make it out ok?”

“Yes mam, he was fine, just shaken up a bit. That’s really all we needed.”

“Really, that’s it?”

“Yes mam.”

“Good bye, Officer Green.”

______________________________
“Can I come in?”

“Um, sure, do I know you?”

“No, not really. I have been here before; before you woke up.”

“Ok?”

“I’m the driver of the Truck. I just wanted to let you know that I have taken full responsibility for the accident. My insurance is covering everything. It’s just, well, it doesn’t seem to be enough. I know I don’t have an excuse the accident should never have happened. I am leaving my name and phone number if you need anything, anything at all. Please call me. I just…”

“Accidents happen.”
© Copyright 2009 rjsimonson (rjsimonson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1580921-The-Accident