*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1587718-Prey-Preface
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Action/Adventure · #1587718
An impossible love story between a mortal and immortal
I'm not like other boys.  I never had a chance to be normal, which is a conclusion I came to long before I met him.  I remember when he first said to me what he was, how I had failed to laugh because his sudden presence in my life had already left me short on skepticism. 

He did it right in front of me.  Not that I could witness it with my own two eyes.  I have a slight handicap when it comes to vision- an understatement really as I'm blind.  But I could hear the changes, his bones crack.  I could tell he controlled his breathing to detract from his pain.  He was used to screaming, but he didn't want to scare me.  It was undoubtedly a horriffic undertaking for him.   

I should probably tell you that stranger things have happened to me prior to this one occurence.  I haven't had sight for the seventeen years I've been alive, but since my initial contact with him, he has somehow provided me with all five senses.  I see not from my own perspective but his. 

I had to learn to control it.  It took me awhile to get used to.  I didn't understand it.  Neither did he, at first.  But it's one of the benefits of our symbiosis.  It is a bond neither of us can break.  It protects me, most of the time, and keeps me from aging.  It also designates me his prey.   

I'm all too aware the trouble I'm in by "choosing" a life with him, but it would've been impossible to forge one without him.  His curse has always dictated our destiny.  It is a fate we've prolonged but not defied. 

I know he'd sooner take his own life than take mine.  I know all his secrets, and while we've never talked about this or my inevitable impending death, he has already sought a means in which to follow me.
© Copyright 2009 ocoaster (ocoaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1587718-Prey-Preface