*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1588777-How-To-Wake-Up-Early
Rated: E · Other · How-To/Advice · #1588777
Read this article if you want to get into the habit of waking up early.
If you think that early rising is just not for you, then read on. These powerful strategies will show you exactly how you can develop this great habit.

  Strategy #1:  Have a compelling reason to wake up. If you have no particular goal to work for once you wake up, no wonder you have no willingness to rise early. You should think of what you could accomplish by waking up early. It could be that you will have extra time to write that book you've been putting off for quite a while, or you might use this extra time for jogging.

  Strategy #2: Change environments.  As soon as you wake up, go to some other room which you don't associate with sleep. It can be your kitchen or a living room, for example. It is even better if the temperature of that particular room is low because the cold environment will make you completely forget about sleep. 

Strategy #3:  Keep the alarm further away from you. Put your alarm somewhere away from your bed so that when it goes off, you will have to leave your bed to turn it off. The further away from your bed you put the alarm, the better. Just make sure you still can hear it!

Strategy #4: Set multiple alarm times. If you only need to wake up one or two hours earlier, here is a great strategy. Set the alarm or several alarms to go off at multiple times. You can even go to the extreme and set it to go off up to three hours earlier, then two hours earlier and then at 20 minute-intervals until your waking time. This strategy will give you more than enough time to gradually wake up.

Strategy #5: Use the shame method. You should tell all your friends and family that you got into the habit of waking up early. Talk in a way that would indicate that you already are an early riser, although in reality you are not. This is quite a harsh strategy, but it will really make you wake up early because you will not want to be seen as a liar in the eyes of your loved ones!

Try all of these strategies and see which one is the most effective for you. Once you find the strategy that works for you, stick to it. Soon your waking habits will change and you will join the ranks of early risers.

© Copyright 2009 SimonaRich (simonarich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1588777-How-To-Wake-Up-Early