*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1608847-Do-You-Know-The-Pumpkin-Man
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1608847
You better find out ... before it's too late! 300 words using candy, scream, and costume.
The Pumpkin Man only leaves his dwelling but twice a year: once on September 30 and again on All Hallows Eve. His mission is to find the most rotten, most deviant child in New York City.

He spies on all the children--every place they go. You will never know who he is because he's always in disguise. He might be the crossing guard, bus driver or substitute teacher.

He selects the child and follows them home. Then he returns to his shack, deep in the forest near the Hallowed Lakes. He puts on his costume and carves a pumpkin to wear over his head. He leaves for New York on October 31st and returns to the child's home. He waits for the child to go trick-or-treating and follows him.

He creeps up behind him and says, "Kid, you want some of my candy?" Then, without thinking, because they're so greedy, they accept the Pumpkin Man's candy. The Pumpkin Man waits for the child to become dizzy from the poisonous treat.

He takes them to the shack in the center of the fog where howling sounds of agony can be heard from the rotting, rotten children from each year past. As the boy becomes coherent, he smells the rotting flesh and follows his nose to the rotten boys and girls with pumpkins over their heads, their hands and feet bound. They leaned against the haystacks, rotting away. The child lets out a horrifying scream and is placed near the others and fitted for a pumpkin.

So if you are cruel, selfish, dishonest, greedy, and rotten to the core, you better hide during the month of September, or the Pumpkin Man may come for you NEXT!
© Copyright 2009 WJ Stams (wjstams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1608847-Do-You-Know-The-Pumpkin-Man