*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1609168-Lost-Souls
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1609168
Written for, The Nightmare Contest.
I wandered those roads with tunneled vision as the crisp air cut to the bone. The estranged feeling of a hell bent stalker never straying.

An ungodly noise convulsed my ear drums! Nearly shell-shocked I attempted to turn as I felt the bittersweet agony.

Crimson covered most of my body, in warmth indescribable. As I staggered I could only bask in my fleeting existence. I reached for my throat and grasped a mass, of flesh, swaying with disregard to my mortality.

All I could muster was the gargled question “Why”?

She grinned terrifyingly and my heart froze, “The degradation of lost souls is forged when the only sanity you have left is memories of tragic proportion. Sinister ways of secrecy is all we know. We stand in the ruins of a once beautiful garden.”

“We now blood-thirsty, drain the life out of all humanity in a mythical way of revenge. Despite the thoughts of the once wise, we are all undignified. Our misguided infiltration is one of epic disasters,” she said with a slight sigh.

“So to forget our unholy ways we blanket our eyes with the pleasure of dispiriting the ways we so longingly wish to return,” she concluded.

Word Count: 200
© Copyright 2009 Abawida (abawida at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1609168-Lost-Souls