*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1612288-Beauty-Evermore
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1612288
A short story inspired by my poem of the same name.
    The street lamps flicker in the darkness as he crouches high on his perch. A dark, secluded ledge on a sleazy apartment building, adjacent to the near abandoned alley way. He waits here tonight, as he has almost every night for the past month. His heart beats faster with every minute that passes by, for with every minute that passes he is minute closer to being graced with her presence. His eyes scour the streets and finally he spots her, far up the sidewalk, her golden blond hair glistening in the street lights.

    It's a cold Autumn night and her heavy breath leaves clouds of steam in the air. She's on her way home from her job at the local diner, a place he frequents often, just to be near her. All he ever dared to do was watch her in awe of her beauty, her pale blue eyes laced with long dark lashes, her sparkling lips kissing her bright white smile. But tonight he would have her. He was determined to make her his one and only, by whatever means necessary. She lived in the house next to the apartment, a shabby little town house where she resided alone. She walks onto the porch and fumbles with her keys, and his eyes grow wide with anticipation. She brings the key up to the door, and now he knows it's time to strike. As she turns the handle he has already leapt from the ledge and down onto the sidewalk beneath it. His landing is soft and runs quickly onto the porch, wrapping his hand tightly around her mouth and pulling her with all his might into the house.

    For a moment he stands there motionless, struck by the feel of her warm skin against his cold hands, her curvacious body writhing and struggling for freedom beneath him. Keeping one hand firmly over her mouth, he pulls on her scarf with the other, wrapping it tightly around her neck, so tightly her pale white skin begins to go blue. As she struggles to gasp for air, a few painful, gurgled sounds escape her throat, and a smile lights his face as he begins to laugh quietly to himself, the tears streaming down her face making him smile wildly with delight. "Now, are you going to be a good little girl?" he whispers. A frightful nod is her only reply. "Good." he says with smile, obviously pleased with himself. He removes the scarf from her throat and swiftly gags her with it, petting the side of her face softly. "God you're so beautiful." he whispers hoarsely as he kisses her cheek, his hands exploring her body as the tears flow more powerfully than before.

    But his confidence isn't much more than a pretense as his hands tremble all the while. His own eyes began to tear as he runs his hands softly across her body. Overcome with lust and fear, he holds onto her tightly, wrapping his fingers in her wheat-blond hair, inhaling her scent. His cheek pressed against hers, their tears mix into one. He draws a blade from his pocket, and her eyes grow wide with fear. "I'm sorry I have to do this." he whispers, nearly sobbing, as she cries wildly. He holds onto her tightly, looking into her eyes which plead for mercy. He raises the knife, held firmly in his hand, and just as she releases a blood-curdling scream, the knife plunges into her flesh. His hands are splattered with blood, his face beaming with delight as her wretched screams coarse through his entire being. This is the moment he's been waiting for. For that that taste of blood. For that haunting look of sheer terror in her eyes. Again and again, he draws up his knife pierces her flesh once more. Until finally, there are no more screams. There is no more struggle. Her heart beats it's last beat and gives up on life. She falls limp in his arms, the arms of the man who stole her life, their bodies both drenched in blood.

    He holds her lifeless corpse close to him, the tears running down his cheeks leaving trails in the blood. He caresses her head and the soft blond hair turns scarlet red. He kisses her softly and lays her down on the floor, a lifeless angel. Never has he been so happy. With his knife, he picks himself a keepsake. A lock of golden hair he presses firmly to his heart. He takes one last look at the bloody mess that's left of her, those beautiful blue eyes now forever trapped in a vacant stare. Those pale pink lips dotted with her on blood. Her hands still clenched from trying to fight him off. He gently closes the door, locking her inside. Then he lights up a cigarette and walks out into the cool midnight air, humming a cheerful tune as he wanders back into the night.
© Copyright 2009 Morbid Macabre (morbidmacabre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1612288-Beauty-Evermore