*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1618118-Crimson-Vengeance
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1618118
A man's dark past catches up with him.
Crimson Vengeance




         “No!” I screamed, stumbling backward up the cold stone steps. Motes of dust rose all around me, choking the already stale air. Shadows danced as I lost my footing and crashed to the floor below, my flashlight rolling to the far corner of the crypt.

         “Why won’t you leave me alone?” was the only thing I managed to stutter through trembling lips, “I returned the damn locket!”

         No response came from the hellish bowels of the undercroft, only the grim silence of death. Gradually, a figure materialized in the suffocated light.

         Though the morbid parody of a man never once moved its dry, cracked lips, a crescendo of maddening voices resonated within my mind. I gazed upward, silently pleading for an end to the anguish, but no relief could be found in those hollow sockets.

         Then, with the unholy shriek of a thousand damned souls, the withered corpse drew a serrated knife and lunged forward, driving it deep into my chest. The abomination’s horrific visage was warped in a wicked grin as it twisted the handle of the blade.

         “Forgive me . . . brother,” I choked, my head falling back into a pool of my own blood.

         
© Copyright 2009 Durrakan (durrakan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1618118-Crimson-Vengeance