*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1620833-The-Mystery-of-the-Missing-Spoons
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1620833
I think I’ve solved this mystery
Word Count: 420

I was reading Mother Goose and Grim by Mike Peters during the week of November 9, 2009. One of the characters asked (I think it was Grim): “What is a parallel universe?” Another character answered: “…where two universes can coexist in the same place at the same time without either knowing it.” I realized, at that point, where my spoons were going.

I have a complete set of mismatched knives and forks for thirty-two people and only six spoons. Creatures from a parallel universe are taking my spoons and leaving behind their knives or forks. Overall, I am probably doing better then Grim because he kept slipping back and forth between his universe and another comic universe.

I want my spoons back! The problem is that I’m not sure how to go about getting them back. I’m not even sure how the creatures from the other universe are entering this one. They could be coming through the coat closet, which is in the hall between the bedrooms.

The door to that closet keeps opening by itself. It opens at random intervals during the day or the night. True I haven’t seen any unusual or strange animals in the house. However, periodically I do see a shadow out of the corner of my eye. When I look in that direction of the shadow no one is standing there. In addition, one of the cats sometimes acts strange.

Prince stands in the middle of the kitchen and yowls. He does this at odd intervals in the daytime and the nighttime. I check the cats’ water dish, but ninety percent of the time, it’s full. Therefore, something else must be bothering him.

I can’t remember if the door to the closet is open when Prince yawls or not. I’m going to have to start checking that, also, I’m going to have to start counting my flatware. I can’t afford to lose anymore spoons, otherwise I’ll be eating ice cream or soup with a fork. Maybe I need to start hiding the spoons. If the creatures from the other universe can’t find the spoons then they can’t take them.

How do I set a trap for a creature from another universe? I know what to use as bait. I can get spoons at one of the dollar stores to use as bait. The trap is the problem. These creatures are obviously larger then mice, so I can’t use a mouse trap. I need to find a trap that will hold a large unidentified animal.
© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1620833-The-Mystery-of-the-Missing-Spoons