*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1621487-Contest-Entry-The-Fear-Eater
Rated: E · Other · Horror/Scary · #1621487
For the 200 word count horror contest 11/25/09
Creeeeeek. The door slowly opened in the dark abyss of a room, and two red eyes blinked repeatedly as it entered. The creature hissed like a snake, looking around the dark room and making its way to the bed of a sleeping child. Slowly it walked, its hooves clonking with each carefully determined step.

SqueEeak!!  Quickly the creature jumped back, mad with its stealthy entrance being ruined by a mere child’s toy.  The child had awakened, shivering, with his heart pounding and trying to jump out of his chest.  The creature smelled fear and sweat, and its stomach growled with hunger pains while it licked its lips tasting the fear in the air.

The creature went over to the shivering child and licked his face, puffing air through his nostrils that blew the little boys hair each time. The child whimpered, too afraid to scream or even move as he saw two red eyes hovering above him.  “Ttsssssss.”  The creature needed more fear to feed on. It grabbed the boy and shook him until, “Ahhhhhhhhhh Mommy! “The boy wet his bed and the creature let him go. It disappeared into the closet waiting to feed again for another fearful night. 

Word Count: 200
© Copyright 2009 Maria L. B. (istoleyourmuse at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1621487-Contest-Entry-The-Fear-Eater