*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1621744-Happy-Family
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1621744
A family should be together, forever.
Contest Entry - 192 words

Jeff Dunham sat comfortably in his leather recliner. He was watching a documentary on TV entitled ‘The World’s Most Terrifying Storms’ and laughing hysterically to himself. The source of his amusement was footage showing a weatherman getting drenched by a fifteen foot high wave.

Jeff turned to his wife, a maniacal grin etched upon his face, “serves him right for going outside in a storm doesn’t it!” His wife didn't respond, a vacant expression glossed over her features. Offended by the lack of reply, Jeff turned to his son, speaking with a whisper.

“Do you want to know a little secret Davey?”

Davey stared into space.

“Well your mummy wanted to take you away from me. She wanted to break up our happy family. But Jeff Dunham couldn’t have that, no way.  So I fixed it and now we’ll be together forever. Isn’t that great?”

There was no answer, only a strange bulging in Davey’s left eye. Jeff peered closer at the strange phenomenon when without warning it exploded, a mixture of blood, pus and maggots thrust into his face.

Jeff Dunham burst into hysterical laughter for the second time that night.

© Copyright 2009 Zebrawatch (zebrawatch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1621744-Happy-Family