*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1622448-Im-a-vampire
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1622448
This is the prologue and chapter one of my fiction novel I'm a vampire?
Prologue
The bare flesh of her neck was enticing enough to attract me, but the smell was so deeply intense that I could hardly resist, could I? I didn't think I could, I didn't think I wanted to. My hand lightly swept across her throat sending waves of pleasure pulsing through my body. I could feel her blood racing through her body, her heart pounding so vividly it looked as if it were about to break free from its prison. The warm satisfying touch of the neck could not hold me back any longer. A swift movement and without a second thought, my fangs bared deep within her neck penetrating the very flesh. She gasped with pain as a look of horror upon her face sent shivers through my body. This was wrong, I thought, but I couldn't stop. Her blood was so enriched with flavour and so warm it didn't give me a chance to think. As she fell limp and weak I still kept my fangs locked upon her neck, only pushing her further to the floor so that I could finish my meal. She let out tiny whimpers now and then too exhausted to scream, too tired to shout for help. The alley secluded me from any unwanted attention and even the smell of the rotting filth which lay close to me was not enough to put me off. My teeth drew away from her neck and blood trickled down my chin. I licked closely around my mouth not wanting to leave any 'crums'. I stood sharply to attention focusing my gaze upon her. I felt neither remorse nor guilt for her because I knew it was inevitable. I could not quell the hunger and thirst for healthy human blood which I tried to do for so long. I took a glance at my surroundings but still no-one had come to the aid of this woman. She was still not dead, after all the blood I drained from her and yet she continued to live. I could not let her suffer in silence any longer. I drew my hands and grasped her neck tightly. With and quick and sharp twist her neck cracked and drew lifeless and limp. I walked slowly from the scene feeling very satisfied but with an empty and sub-conscious feeling of guilt. As I followed the alley through into the streets people walked right past me without a second glance. Perhaps not a single thought throughout their heads revolved around me. They hadn't a clue what I was or what I had just done. I felt powerful, I felt invincible, and I felt strong.

Chapter one
The room started to feel smaller and smaller. I sat hurdled in a corner trying to escape from the anger and frustration that flooded the house. My Mum and Dad constantly argued it was almost non-stop. It didn't so much as scare me, well actually that's a lie it did scare me. I never knew what to do, how to help, who to believe. The dark nights didn't help either. They always seemed to put that extra bit of fear where it needn't be. I felt trapped in this room. My hands were crunched over my head softening the landing of the tears that dripped down my face. I could begin to hear the fights getting more violent with plates being smashed and glasses being thrown at the walls. I braved myself to stand and took the leap out of my bedroom. I ran downstairs to see what had happened. It was exactly how I left it. They were still at it after all this time. I couldn't take it anymore; I couldn't watch something worst happen. "Mum, I'm going out", I said. They didn't even so much as take a glimpse at me. They were stood at separate ends of the living room just shouting at each other. I couldn't even make out what they were saying. "Where do you think your going?” Shouted Amber.
    "Mum I can't take this constant bickering; I'm going for a while".  "Going? Going where exactly?”
“Away from this...away from you”
                                                                   
"Well get out while you still can son" Said Paul. I don't know if my Dad was trying to be funny but it didn't go down well. "You really want to go? Then go. Get the hell out of MY house. Now!" I knew my Mum wasn't joking. You could practically feel the anger coming off of her. It echoed through the room and ultimately I felt all the emotion. My Dad never said a never word. He brushed straight past my Mum and grabbed his coat. He kissed me on my cheek and left without a word. It was almost instantaneously that the door slammed shut and my Mum burst into tears. "Jake please just go to bed, it will all be all right in the morning. I promise"                      "No Mum It won't be all right in the morning. What you think just because we go to sleep it's going to make any difference? It's been like this for years now and I can't take it anymore. Don't make me promises I know you can't keep" I started to explode with anger. She just stood there and lied to me thinking I wouldn't know and better. "Jake go to your room now!" I wouldn't just listen to her. I opened the door and left the house. "Jake don't you even think about leaving this hous...." But before she could finish the sentence I slammed the door in her face. I stepped out onto the pathway, frantically pacing myself. I could feel my blood pumping through my body fuelling my adrenalin. Where would I go? I couldn't go back there. I just lost myself walking into the night. I felt safe in the dark; I could just look into the sky and lose all my thoughts. It was so beautiful. The moon was safely fitted to provide us with enough light to see, while the stars gave us something to focus on, the beauty and magnificence of the world. I lay down in the grassy field which I found myself in. I started to forget about everything. Who I was, what had just happened. It just floated away in the wind stirring no more trouble in my head. It was peaceful here, something which I hadn't experienced in a long time. I felt no emotion when looking up into the sky. Not sad, not happy, not guilty, none of it. It was as if I couldn’t think any more, that I was just there, a body and nothing else. Without a whisper a woman appeared from right behind me loosening the grip I had on myself. I quickly gathered myself together and stood from off the ground. She stood behind me wearing a tight black corset lined down the front with red laced ribbons. Her hair was tightly pulled back as if she were showing off her face to the world. Her lips were velvet red and her eyes were what looked like a weird shade of yellow. She walked slowly towards me. It was almost lifeless and graceful but I couldn't move. I almost felt hypnotised. Her eyes were so very penetrating they made me feel cold, as if she could see into my soul, intoxicating my body. She placed her right hand on my shoulder and tugged very lightly bringing me slightly closer. “He...hello” I said. She just stared into me not uttering a word. My eyes met hers and were fixed, locked into place. “Tell me child do you like the night?”
“Well...I...I needed to escape” I muttered.
“I also like to escape into the night, but are you not scared of what the dark brings with it?”
“Brings with it?”
“Yes. What hides into the darkest corners of the world only being able to strike when it’s dark. When the light fades we come to play” She said. I felt un-nerved by this sentence. It was as if she was trying to portray herself as another being- they only come to play at night. “What comes out at night?” I whispered.
“I do”. She had a smile that was similar to that of a clown. It was meant for a good purpose but couldn’t help but scare you. She had what looked like abnormalities in the teeth which made her ever more terrifying.
“I...”
"Shh... my child I will release you. You will not be able to handle what is to become of you. Don't you see? I am saving you". She moved ever closer to me fixating her vision on my neck. The wind blew silently through the field and the trees rustled, echoing their very movement. I felt pain, extraordinary pain! Her teeth were bared deep within the sheath of my neck. My blood was moving through my body escaping its fortresses and out of my wound. I felt a sucking sensation which didn't soothe the pain at all. It was unbearable. I could feel her venomous fangs within me. It wasn't long before I felt faint. The blood was rushing out of my body at a hasty speed. I could feel her teeth loosening their grip as she fell to the floor. I couldn't hold myself up either so I dropped to floor as well. I didn't understand what had happened. "Hey...hey kid you’re going to be ok" He said. I couldn't see anything. It was a deep and husky voice so I knew it was a man. The whole world went cold. I couldn't see, I couldn't breathe couldn't feel. I was dead!
© Copyright 2009 creativewriter01 (creative01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1622448-Im-a-vampire