*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1629372-The-Evil-Laugh
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1629372
Entry for the Nightmare Contest. 200 words.
I crouched underneath my bed. It was bad – that thing in my room. I could feel the essence of centuries of filth, disease, and evil emanating from it. I had been asleep when it rudely interrupted me with its hideous laugh. It was ugly. It had flesh that smelt and looked like rotting meat.

I needed a plan to get out of my room without being detected and seek help. I could not understand what the creature was doing. Why didn’t it come for me? I wasn’t barricaded from it under my bed or anything like that.

My hand moved around looking for anything I could use in the years of junk that had piled up. I finally felt a reassuringly heavy stick of wood. My baseball bat! Armed with it, I flung myself out from under the bed as quickly as I could and ran for the door. Dimly, I realized it hadn’t moved. Suddenly, it laughed. A horrible shriek, but distinctly a laugh. I shot towards the door and yanked it open.

Just before fainting, I saw, outside the door: the creature in my chair, laughing, and my room just as I had left it behind me.
© Copyright 2009 trisha_r (trisha_r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1629372-The-Evil-Laugh