*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1632449-What-is-love
by Wafica
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1632449
A brief article stating my own vision about love and its definitions
What is love...



For so many years, from the dawn of manhood, humans thrive to define love, and to understand its magical powers. Millions of years passed, but alas, their search was in vain, since no one was able to state a clear justification of the term love. Every single person seeks love, and wishes for falling in love with the right person by the passage of every second, after all, we are all born for love. It is the principle of existence. But, does this person know what love is? Does he really know what he’s asking for? I still have my doubts…



I thought that writing about one’s feelings would be a simple task, but stating your emotions on a piece of immortal paper turned out to b the most difficult thing to accomplish. Who can’t talk about love? Who can’t express his emotions about that honorable feeling? Every one must have felt love flirting in his heart, at least once in a lifetime. And by this love I don’t only mean the love that is shared between a man and a woman, but that respectable feeling that you feel towards mankind. The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.



However my following words will deal with the romantic love that is born between two souls, destined to be together. What an intricate quest to search for the true essence of love?!



Love...

Love is so many splendid things joined together that lift a person to where he belongs.

Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart.

Love is the language our hearts use to speak to one another.

Love is energy - it can neither be created nor destroyed. It just is and always will be, giving meaning to life and direction to goodness...

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.

Love is the expression of simplicity in emotion, the unattainable longing that comes so unexpectedly, with great subtlety and bliss.

Love is nothing but the fear of the mortal man at the thought of solitude. No body wants to be lonely

Love is that enviable state that knows no envy or vanity, only empathy and a longing to be greater than one self.

Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence

Love is when you can't fall asleep because your reality is better then your dream.

Love sees not from the eyes, nor thinks from the mind.

Love is the delusion that this imperfect person is a perfect.

Love is born with the pleasure of looking at each other, it is fed with the necessity of seeing each other, and it is concluded with the impossibility of separation.

Love is a tender look which becomes a habit.

Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.

That is love… an endless set of many different yet one definition.





A poet once said defining love:

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs,

Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes,

Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears.

What is it else? A madness most discreet,

A choking gall and a preserving sweet.





Amid the gloom and travail of existence suddenly to behold a beautiful being, and instantaneously to feel an overwhelming sincerity that with that fair form forever, destiny must be entwined.... this is love.



Very few and lucky of us are those who manage to find the person to love. So once you get this person, hold on to him or her like you would hold on to your own life. After all, life without love is not worth living.

© Copyright 2010 Wafica (waficai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1632449-What-is-love