*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1637150-Jerrys-Email
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1637150
Jerry was a fun loving guy, until life sucked him dry.
I dont know where to go with this, so I thought I would post it anyway and add later.       



        Another 5 years has whisked its way through his life and yet many things remain unchanged.  The everyday of his job with no foreseeable future has led him to a deeper depression.  Responsibility has caused him to put every being of himself on the holding table until further notice.

         Jerry has become a very quite guy, definitely not the man Sherri first met.  She knew things were getting bad while going through the family album.  Jerry didn't look the same.  He wasn't the man she first married.  She grabbed a photo of their wedding day 8 years ago, put the photo side by side to the most current one and noticed the heavy bags that developed under his eyes.  Plus, his smile looked taped to his cheeks almost forced.  How did this happen?  He was full of life and dreams.  What could take such a vibrate man and turn him to a droopy puppy dog?  Just then, Jerry hunched his way into the kitchen to grab his morning coffee for the ride to work.

         "What’s on the agenda today?"  Sherri asked.

         "Another Monday."

         "Do you have a hectic schedule?"

         "Just paper work.  Love to talk but I gotta go.  I'll call you later today."  Jerry grabbed his lunch and gave his wife a dead hug before he walked out the door. 

         Monday mornings can be such a drag.  This particular Monday morning was one of the worst mornings Jerry has had in a long time.  He spent the entire mid-day thinking of walking out on his job, buying a ticket and leaving his family behind.  That is of course when the phone wasn't ringing, but they were ringing and people wanted to buy advertising.  Bad luck for that customer because Jerry could care less for any aspiring entrepreneur who had big dreams with little cash.  The thought of those business owners made him sick.  With each phone call Jerry looked for an inch of possibility to hang up only to stare at the wall.  He threw his passion for sales out the window weeks ago.  Since that day his mind loves to whisper the reminder of the ever present mortgage, daughter’s private school tuition, and Sherri’s love of shoes.  This reality is the only reason Jerry makes any effort to close business. 

         At one time sales was his passion.  Not only because of the beautiful pay checks, but also because of the sheer determination and high he got from closing a sale.  He would tell friends and family that sales is his drug.  People drank, others smoked, not Jerry though, he made sales and lots of them.  He would be on the phone with a potential client and pace the floor with his Bluetooth persuading each business owner why they needed to advertise with his company.  Other coworkers called him the Legend because nobody else would get thank you letters from customers, and not only would he get the thank you letters, but emails poured in from owners wanting to buy. 

         The phone gave way and stopped ringing giving Jerry the chance to take a load off and relax.  He reclined in his chair to do a little web browsing when Outlook binged letting him know he had mail.  As he read the email, beads of sweat danced their way down his forehead.  After he finished reading, he stood up looking around the floor as if someone was watching him.  Nobody stood out so he sat back down.  His heart was thumping and he didn’t know what to do.  A decision needed to made, but what?

© Copyright 2010 Nathan Brekel (brexstl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1637150-Jerrys-Email