*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1648010-Vroom---The-Near-Escape
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1648010
A lighthearted tale of escape.
Prompt :  Write a story that includes the words: airplane, mouse, sneeze

Word count = 300



                                                       
Vroom




Jimmy Big Ears peeked out the hole.  “All clear.”

Sally Long Tail followed her brother. 

He scurried across the floor towards the Christmas tree’s blinking lights.  “Look, cookies and milk!”

The two gray mice helped themselves to Santa’s treats.  Jimmy dove his muzzle into the cup and pulled it out all white.  His round ears wiggled with pleasure.  Sally took more precaution and lapped up the milk daintily.

Jimmy filled his mouse cheeks so full of cookies that they could have exploded.  “Hey Sis, they’re great.”  A crumb fell on the floor. 

His stomach happy, Jimmy turned his attention towards the many multicolored objects.  “Hey, Sis, an airplane!”  He dropped his cookie and ran for the red and blue toy.  Jimmy pulled the plastic pilot out and crawled in.  “Vroom, vroom!”

“My turn,” Sally said. 

Jimmy hopped out.  She tried to crawl in, but he had to help her. Jimmy pushed her around on the parquet until his whiskers twitched.  “The cat!”

Too late for the mouse hole.  Buster crouched, swishing his black tail back and forth, licking his chops.  Jimmy’s heart galloped.  He needed to save his sister.  “Climb the tree!”  His chest heaved while he blocked the path between the monster cat and his sister. The feline’s green eye slits narrowed.  Buster was going to pounce any second.  The cat’s haunch muscle’s flexed before he flew, claws out, towards him.

The giant paw slammed down on Jimmy’s tail.  Pain traveled his body while he fought panic.  Buster’s hot breath approached his head when Jimmy heard a sneeze.  The cat loosened his grip.  Human!

Jimmy and Sally dashed for the hole.  His chest heaving, Jimmy said, “I can’t wait till they open more presents tomorrow, maybe there’s a car!”  Sally swatted him on his big ears and laughed. 

© Copyright 2010 Tadpole1 (tadpole1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1648010-Vroom---The-Near-Escape