*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1649898-Hate
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1649898
My class had to write a monosyllabic story that was at least 500 words. Please review.
Hate. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. It seems that hate is all I know now. Or… was it all I ever knew. No, there was joy in this heart once, I think. Long ago, back when my friends did not hate me. Yeah, my friends, this whole thing is their fault. At least I used to say that, to no one of course, but I still said it. But I know what went down, I was there. I did it. I killed them. I killed everyone. It started with May, my girl. She broke up with me. For so long I did not know why. She said she felt like we were not friends, like I was just with her to…

Back then, I knew she was wrong, I was always right and could do no wrong. I look back and see how wrong I was. I see the depth that I could not see before. I miss her. I miss the friend I did not let her be. Well, like I said, she left me and I was upset, to say the least. I got drunk out of my mind that night and went out to walk the streets. I am not sure how long I was out, but I remember that at some point I went down an ally, and some guy… some ‘thing’ was there with me. He was tall and his hands were… they were like bear claws with no hair. He stood when I went past and said he could help. He said that he could help me right the all the wrongs that had been done to me.

He gave me a ring and said that their blood could make the pain gone. Even drunk I knew this thing was not worth her death, and I said that. He said it was not just her that hurt me but I just did not see it. He told me about my mom, how her death was just her only way to leave dad and me. He told me that my dad was a pill head, that he did drugs to ease the pain. He said my best friend Mat was with May right then, as he spoke.

That was when I had had it. I hit him in the face and left. I went home and went to sleep, with the ring on my left hand. The next day at work I spoke with Mat and he told me May had come to see him. I was mad, I said that I knew and that I knew they did stuff. He said “So what?” He said that she was not with me and that I should not care what, or who, she did. That was when I broke. I pulled my knife and put I in his throat. Then I ran. I knew I had to be fast, what the ring did could not be done with just Mat’s blood, it had to have May’s too. I still do not know why. But I found her in the park, she was on lunch. She got up, she asked if I was hurt. Then she, too, fell to my knife. The ring got hot then and I do not know what went on. Now, no one is here but me. The sky is red, with hate I’m sure. Hate. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.
© Copyright 2010 laughing cat (laughingcat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1649898-Hate