*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1658057-End
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1658057
This short story showcases some insanity of the mind towards suroundings.
                                                             END

It was very dark and empty. A room so small, sometimes I thought I was looked In a casket. Most of the time I would wake up and feel suffocation. In my sleep, I would hear voices scream and an axe cutting through the human flesh and blood splashing all over. I would wake up and roll only to hit my head against the wall. My legs were numb for being folded on the same position. Hours passed and then I thought the silence would kill me. All I could hear was my breathing and my beating heart that could have faltered at a moment’s notice. I could not show fear even if there was no one there to see it. I felt like someone from above was watching me. Then I thought I saw a white ghostly light at corner of my eye. I couldn’t even turn my head without bashing it on the other wall. There was nothing. The things were starting to haunt me again. They would forever follow me even after my death. I was tightly closing my eyes when little sweat beads began to form on my forehead. I clenched my hand into fists. I started shaking and shivering. It got really cold all of a sudden. I couldn’t breath because the things would hear my breath. I was frozen and still. I could no longer feel any part of my body. But my heart, it wouldn’t stop beating. It angered me as it went on with its rhythmic style. Around, the wind hollered and the voices sang along with it. They got closer and closer. They drove me mad and out of my sanity. There was a growl louder than all the voices that snarled with menace. I could hear the bony skeletons walking on the wooden floors with a clunk. I couldn’t do anything but play dead but I wondered if they thought I was dead, would they claim my body? The growl bigger and with a low, deep voice, I could hear swoop down on the air and try to grab me. I tried to scream and fight it off. It laughed maliciously. I told it to leave me alone. I cried and screamed for my soul to be saved. The little room I was in shook with great power. It tried to stop it from touching and grabbing at me. It touched my head and I knew I had to pull my hair out for it had been noxiously touched. The voices laughed and taunted me. Their voices boomed greater than the thunder. My hair was all over as I had uprooted it straight from the roots in my skull. I couldn’t feel pain but I could feel the blood pouring on my head and chunks of my flesh laid around me. Then there was a sharp light that pierced through my closed eyelids from where I lay. I took a peak as the voices had seized to exist for the moment. He stood over me, a human that I recognized as a soldier. I tried to grab at him but he kicked and knocked to the ground with a hard felt blow. He dragged me out of the dungeons with the help of his mates. They picked me up for I could not walk and  my legs had grown paralyzed. All the while, I tried to explain of the dark things that had come to haunt and kill us. They were loads of them with tongues full of evil and poisoned hands. They weren’t human and they wouldn’t stop until every human soul belonged to them. The soldiers laughed and spat at me. They took me outside and called me mad. I begged I was innocent and truthful but they hit me against the wall and made jokes out of me. The blood dripping from my head blinded and as they wiped it away, I realized that I was at the main field outside in the courtyard of the king’s castle, where  he hanged the petty.

         And here I stand with every warning I have heeded to them. They don’t see the things I see and the don’t know what stands outside the stonewalls that surrounds our city. Only a handful of them  are here to witness my end. But when I perish, they will see the ghosts of darkness and here the voices I hear and in horror, they will succumb. As they stone me to death and the cement under my feet will be washed with my blood and flesh. In this dark, cold, still night, no one will ever know of the things that are about to befall. In their ignorance, each new generation will exhaust.
© Copyright 2010 Joy Thuguri (joy369m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1658057-End