*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1659127-The-Invisibility-Cloak
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #1659127
Everyone in the city saw a car without any driver in it
Dr Robin Singh had been engrossed in a research work for several years and now to his ecstasy he has achieved the goal he always cherished. He has invented an invisibility cloak.



"This invention will make me famous. But why should I divulge it when it is capable of making me omnipotent,” the six feet tall, thirty six years old muttered to himself with a wicked grin on his face.



So he put on the cloak without wasting any time and got out of his research chamber in a sports car. Everyone in the city saw a car without any driver in it. The car stopped in front of the gate of National Research Centre of America on Molecular Physics and the security guard saw the gate opening and closing by itself.



Meanwhile every news channel plunged into the competition of showing the breaking news of the latest menace in the town. Without anyone knowing, Dr Singh stole invaluable research papers of three eminent scientists, right before their noses. FBI could only trace his car and seize it but failed to catch him as there were no clues whatsoever. Every pair of eyes in the city were glued to the television sets to see the fresh enigma.



Returning home Robin put his cloak off and sat with those thesis papers with his eyes gleaming. Suddenly he saw the glass on the table rapidly becoming blood red and at the same time simmering. At this moment his table lamp began to flicker and turned off. In the dark he felt ice cold flow through his spine as the words of a familiar voice entered his right ear, "Listen to me devil. You're the one for whom I died today by tumbling downstairs trying to grab my papers. You tried to rule the world by stealing the formulae of lethal weapons. I'm the old Dr Flynn, your early life mentor. Your cloak will be of no use from now on."



Next morning, police found Robin’s body dead on the chair with an expression of horror on his face and a small pile of ashes lying on the floor of what could be one of the greatest inventions of science of all time.
© Copyright 2010 Sayan Lahiri (sayanlahiri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1659127-The-Invisibility-Cloak