*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1661075-Christines-Song
by Molly
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1661075
Maybe if we all sang the same tune, it would change the world.
Christine was a girl whose parents taught her a lovely song. The song lived in her heart and on her mind, guiding her and bringing her peace and happiness. Knowing and singing this song brought her so much joy the girl wanted to share it with others. She printed the words on leaflets and went on her journey walking through the town sharing the blissful tune.

A few of the people told her the song was the most beautiful they ever heard and thanked her for sharing the delightful lyrics with them. Others didn’t like the melody or the tune and refused to listen to the whole song. Then, there were those who pointed out the beat was all wrong; there was no way they could dance to her song.

Feeling inspired to share the joy she knew with as many people as possible Christine walked on to find others in need of peace. As she walked, she noticed her song leaflets littered the streets. Some crumpled into paper wads, or torn into many pieces and others trampled on and ground into the dirt. Tears filled the girl’s eyes. She couldn’t understand why anyone would treat her gift as trash.

Christine thought if she broadcast her song for the entire town to hear, and it was loud and clear, then all would sing the song with her. She trekked to the center of the town, climbed to the highest point, and sang. Her arms spread wide to allow her lungs enough air to fill the atmosphere with the lovely song.

As Christine sang, a small crowd migrated to her and sat at her feet listening to the joyful sound. They learned the words to her song and joined her. Later, as her voice carried reaching more of the town, another group emerged. An angry mob of people emerged shouting, “We have rights, and we shouldn’t be forced to listen to this song.” Some put muffs over their children's ears in fear of the melody penetrating the young hearts and planting a seed in their impressionable young minds.

Authorities stepped in and silenced Christine, removing her voice box, so she could never sing her song again. This upset the girl, but she thought of all those who listened to her voice and this comforted her. She realized her song reached numerous people and its tune might implant in their minds and while they whistle, hum, or sing the melody, the song may fill their hearts. Christine dreamed of the day when her song would unite all people in one choir, brought together by the beauty in the song’s words bringing a peace not ever known to the people on earth.

© Copyright 2010 Molly (gooble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1661075-Christines-Song