*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1666285-Different-World
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1666285
walking with some friends and suddenly, i find myself in a different world.
It was Saturday night, when Steve, Laura, Max and I decided to go, catch a movie.

At first we about spent an hour trying to figure out which movie should we enter, until we all finally agreed on watching “The Bounty Hunter”

Steve went to get the tickets, while the rest waited for him in the Lobby. They were chatting about the trailer, and how exciting the movie was going to be. On the other hand, I was so distracted, and worried because my grades were appearing the next morning. My mind was busy trying to predict my grades, so I didn’t really pay attention, to what they were saying. 

Steve bought the tickets, and we all went to watch the movie on the big screen, but still my mind was not focused on the movie. When the movie was over, my friends decided to go for a walk. I went with them hoping, to make my mind busy with something else other than the grades.  We walked in the streets of the city, with no aim, having fun and telling jokes, but I was moving without concentration.

I remember it was night, when I glanced something, I didn’t know what it is. It seemed huge creature with golden wings, flying in the sky. I looked again; there it was a huge eagle flying across the blue sky, the sun rays on his wings making them shine. I was surprised, all over a sudden, I find myself in the morning, the buildings have changed, and my friends aren’t there.

I stood still and surprised when I saw a man pointing his bow at me. He is aiming. I have to move I thought. The arrow left his bow and went directly, to the neck of the man behind me. I looked behind, to see a weird creature; he had two legs, bull face and two horns, he was carrying a dagger in his hands. I looked at the man with the bow, speechless. The man grabbed my arm, pushed me forward in front of him saying.

“Hurry up princess Kaileena, we need to find vizier before he finds us.” The man said.

I asked “who are you, and what am I doing here? And why are you calling me princess Kaileena?”

The Man looked at me stunned, but he managed to say “Princess, please, you agreed to help me get my kingdom back from the vizier, I cannot do it alone.”

Before I manage to say a word, I saw another creature, looked like a hawk, and carrying a sword, he was about to kill the man talking to me. As a reflex action, I grabbed the dagger, from the dead creature and throw it towards the other. It went directly to his heart, killing him instantly. The man looked at me, with a surprise and said “I never thought that the princess Kaileena will actually save Prince Jordan’s life.”

“Who is Prince Jordan?” I asked innocently. 

“Come on, Kaileena, it was a joke, I admit you saved my life in this war, countless of times. You don’t have to pretend that you don’t know me.” Annoyed replied the Prince

We started walking towards the castle. I kept seeing the golden eagle, flying above us, few meters away. Once we reached the castle, the prince asked me to duck, so that nobody could see us. It was all in vein because, the dogs were able to smell us, and they ran directly towards us. The dogs had really sharp teeth and huge body. After they saw us, they directly attacked us. The prince revealed his sword and stabbed them, yet they didn’t die, they kept on attacking. I took an arrow, from the collection of arrows that the prince was carrying behind his back, and stabbed one of the dogs, directly in his brain. The dog banished into sand, no traces of the body.

The Prince realized the sand and said “aw, I think we are too late, the vizier know got the time lord’s powers. The only way to stop him now is to take away his powers from him.” 

“How?” I asked with confusion. 

“We have to kill, the vizier by the time lord’s dagger.” He replied.

We were able to hide from the guards and reach the arena, inside the castle. The Prince yelled and asked for the vizier to appear and fight him. I knew that there is something wrong, but couldn’t know what it is exactly. My doubts were confirmed, when I saw the huge eagle coming towards us. It had a face like a human, who turned out to be the vizier. I saw him moving towards me, I tried to move but he was very fast, he was able to catch me. The prince battled the huge eagle, for my life and for his kingdom. The prince was about to steal his dagger and kill him, but the vizier knew his plan, so he started making it difficult for him; he started attacking him from above by thunder bolts. The prince tried to avoid it but failed. The prince then decided to climb the walls of the arena to get to the vizier. The vizier knew he had no chance, if the prince decided to kill him, so he decided to put the time lord’s dagger, into himself and then, the next thing I knew I was stabbed by the vizier, in my stomach.

I was able to feel myself disappear. The next thing I knew that I am still in the movie theatre with my friends, watching the movie. I touched my stomach to make sure that I don’t have a scar and that everything was my imagination, but no it wasn’t I was able to feel the scar.

Seriously all of that was real!!!



Word count: 973 words.

© Copyright 2010 Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) (rhmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1666285-Different-World