*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1676706-Blood-on-the-Water
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1676706
vampire fiction, short story about a group of thrill-seeking vampires
  Our story opens on a starless night over Lake Michigan. The moon is full and the scenery seems peaceful enough, at first. Suddenly the excited roar of a speedboat is heard over the sound of heavy metal music playing from the fast approaching boat. It appears to be moving inland at break-neck speed before doing a complete 180 and heading back out to the middle of the lake. As it does so a skiier can be seen seemingly being pulled by a rope from the back of the boat. However, something is off about this nighttime skiier, he isn't wearing any skis. Upon closer inspection still, one would realize, there isn't even the aforementioned rope. For one unlucky onlooker standing on the shore, this once seemingly ordinary scene has just taken on a frightening new appearance.



  Our casual onlooker, let's call him Jon, has just unwittingly witnessed a group of thrill-seekers bearing a very dark secret, and they have just taken equal notice of him. At once, the boat is banked on shore and from the boat emerge a group of five teenage boys and two teenage girls. Jon stands there observing the group unsure of what he should do. Then, one of the boys approaches Jon and speaks in a voice as melodic as a nightgale's song, yet with the authority and conviction of someone holding rank over the rest of those gathered. "My name is Art, I noticed you were watching us ski, you seemed entranced somehow by my boy Jason over there." He pointed to one Jon had just seen skiing without the aid of skis or a rope tethered to the boat. Jon simply nodded. "How would you like to go for a ride? I can promise it will be one ride you'll never forget." With that, the others in the group laughed. They seemed to have similarly sounding voices, much like Art's. Jon stood silent for a moment, contemplating the offer Art had given him. The way the others had laughed made Jon uneasy, but he was quite intrigued by the group and against his better judgement agreed to take a ride with them. Art and Jason exchanged approving glances and looked over at the others.



  "Before we get on the boat, please allow me to introduce everyone," said Art. "I, as I said before, am Art, which is short for Artimus. Next to me, as you know is Jason. By the boat we have Tom, Chris, and Wesley. Next to them, we have Lilith and Morgaina, and that is everyone. Are you ready to go?" Jon nodded, he was lost in his own thoughts observing everyone. Art, the apparent leader of this group was no more than 25 and stood about six foot. His head was shaved but he had a black goatee, and perfect physique. His musculature was solid but not overly pronounced. They all seemed to have the perfect build for each of their body types. Jason looked twenty years of age and extremely athletic, He was also slightly taller than Art. He had short brown hair and no facial hair, but his eyes had a stunning turquoise hue to them. Tom was eighteen. He appeared to Jon as your typical skater punk with blonde hair, complete with oversized jean shorts which he kept fastened just below his waist with the aid of a belt and a Redwings jerzee covering his torso. Chris and Wesley appeared to be twins roughly 27 years of age. They were clearly older than the others. They seemed so out of place in this crowd, as they gave off an air of preppiness that would usually isolate them from most groups like this one. However, there seemed to be some desire for mayhem behind their quiet expressions. Then you had Lilith and Morgaina who also appeared to be related. They were cousins, both of whom were about seventeen years of age. They were both bikini clad blonde beauties.
© Copyright 2010 Artimus Darkstar (a_darkstar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1676706-Blood-on-the-Water