*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1715969-He-who-walks-in-the-dark
Rated: E · Sample · Dark · #1715969
What i can remember of a writing assignment in my HS for one of my favorite teachers.
...Lights flickering in the hallway outside the room, marble pillars rising in the darkness, dust settling heavily on the floor. The air seems stale and dusty. Dead. The world is quiet, the door is shut, and the small room has remained unchanged for years. A soft thudding echoes in the hall, a shadow appearing in the dim, flickering light under the door. The door creaks open slowly, and a strong beam of light begins to sweep over the room. A loud crackle of something foreign, something new and unwarranted in this old building; static echoes from the walls, undecipherable messages passing back and forth between those who are not there. The light bounces from the wall to reflect on something black, humane, dreadful. The dust simply swirls in the air at the minor disturbance of the door, settling back down to its old rest. The pillars shine eerily in this quiet room as the light passes over them...Then, another burst of static, echoing even louder as a voice calls to its comrades... "All clear." The room falls into darkness once more with a creak, a bang,and the echoes of those heavy thuds...
© Copyright 2010 Everanesce (everanesce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1715969-He-who-walks-in-the-dark