*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1725251-The-Reincarnation-of-a-Stubborn-Soul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1725251
He only wanted to have one existence. (2nd. Dialogue 500 Contest) (WDC Newsletters)
FIRST PLACE in The Dialogue 500 Contest by Jay's debut novel is out now! ,  November 2010


FEATURED in The Writing.Com Newsletter - Short Stories: Dialogue as a Story Medium - Editor's Picks, April 6, 2011




"It's time. Your time has come."

"For what?"

"To reincarnate! Reason you're here."

"Why? I'm happy here. I like it the way it is."

"The time has come..."

"But why?"

"There are laws. It's the natural process. It's all written."

"I'm happy here. It's calm and quiet."

"But here... you are doing nothing. You just "are.” You need to “be". Don't you want to go back... again?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Oh, leave me alone."

"I can't. I was told to take you to the Departure Tunnel."

"I just want to sit here, under this willow tree.”

"Listen... you know the rules!"

"No. I can't... not yet.”

"Listen, you know better. You know that your destiny, your choices and your options aren't totally free until you are en-souled. You are only free when you reincarnate all those lives ... You are being stubborn."

"Yes."

"Again, I repeat: your time has come."

"Go away."

"I will call the Spiritual Guides..."

"I ... Hey aren't you one of them?"

"No. Yes. Well, no. I'm from a different realm. I have a different job. I collect souls for the next life. You should be happy!"

"Happy? Going back, again? Once was enough. Look at me. I'm older, wiser and experienced. And these aren't good times to go ..."

"No. Not to me, not to us. This is your "outside". Here, we are interested in the - inside of the soul. Be reasonable."

"Hey! You don't know me... my existence, my experiences. The time I lived; what I did. I want to stay."

"You can't."

"Why? I need this endless time."

"If only you knew...  Here’s one example: there are thousands of mothers... all waiting for a soul like yours, and especially in uncertain times like now."

"Oh... I always forget about this."

"What happened to you... there?"

"It was bad."

"But we don't go there for it to be... good. You know that."

“I was taught… to do bad things."

"You had your Free Will, you know. You could have chosen to be... good."

"Sometimes... it's easier to be bad. You don't need to think."

"But... it has been years since that experience."

"Why? To suffer again? It might take me years and millenniums… you know, because I didn’t learn anything in my first life … How embarrassing it is to recognize this now.”

"But what else have you got in mind in order to obtain the ultimate peak to Heaven? Come on, let’s go! You are needed."

"You know what? You’re right. I'll en-soul. Let’s go! Show me the way to the "Transmigration of the Soul Gate". To know that you lived a life before this one and that there are many more to come is a very attractive perspective from which to judge the meaning of my life, and my evolution. I am ready to live my existence."




Words: 500



© Copyright 2010 ChrisDaltro-Chasing Moonbeams (chrisdaltro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1725251-The-Reincarnation-of-a-Stubborn-Soul