*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749776-Subtext-Examples
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1749776
What we say may not always be what we mean.
Subtext Assignment #5


1. *Apple* Scenario: Kid Barlow has been captured by two bounty-hunters.

         * Kid thinks bounty hunters will do what they say.

         * Kid discusses how bounty hunters been getting themselves killed around the area between Memphis and Little Rock.



2. *Partyhatp* Scenario: Jill thinks Kevin is planning a surprise part for her birthday.

          *Jill converses throughout the week about her favorite friends, the “friends” she can’t stand; her favorite kind of cake; what ice cream is her favorite; her favorite colors; and the most darling puppy her best friend Susie got for her birthday or maybe anniversary. She brings up short exciting vacations they should take "someday".

          *Trying to get substantiation that Kevin has planned a party, begins to drop hints about her plans for each day for the next 8 days, hoping to get him to talk her out of a plan to pinpoint the day of the party.


3. *Cart* Scenario: Linda discovers she is pregnant after visiting the doctor for the “flu“. She and her husband have tried unsuccessfully for years to conceive and finally--in agreement-- quit trying.

         *Linda comes home and puts on some records to play that are associated with babies such as “Jenny Rebecca” as she talks with her husband. She assures the hubby that she will be fine and was not “sick”. She tells him they need to re-decorate their extra bedroom and discuss ways to do so.

          *Linda begins a conversation about taking an adventure of a life time and all the exciting new things they will experience, the funny adventures they will have, and the added responsibilities a big trip would impose on them.


4. *Heart* Scenario: About-to-be-Bride Ashley changes her mind and wants to call off the wedding.

          *Ashley brings up the “Run-away Bride” story from the newspapers and they discuss what could have caused bride-zilla to run away. They discuss ways the bride and groom could have gotten out of their situation.

          *Ashley purposely picks a fight and accusing her fiance of everything in the world from affairs, not loving her, having addiction problems, kicking her dog, bad breath, to being a male prostitute.
© Copyright 2011 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1749776-Subtext-Examples