*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1764846-Hannah--the-Beanstalka-twistd-version
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1764846
my version of jack and the beanstalk. I'm the main character. it's not like the fairytale.
NOTE: I wrote this story for my creative writing class. It was a 10 page story. I already turned it in to my teacher. This is my own twisted version of Jack and the Beanstalk. I have changed some of this one. It will not have every single part of the one I did for creative writing, but it will have most of the same content some parts are added that were not in the one I did for school.



         I woke up one morning & my room was darker than usual! So, I got up, got dressed, & went downstairs. When I opened the door, I saw a GIANT FREAKING BEANSTALK!! My jaw dropped & my eyes bugged out from surprise. I thought If I climb this, I could be in danger. I might find a giant! I guessed the beanstalk was about 1,000 to 2,000 feet high. Now, I am deathly scared of heights, but my curiosity got the better of me. So, I started my long, treacherous climb.

         Just as I was about to reach the top, I slipped! I fell through the air screaming & crying. Then, I saw a huge giant watching me! I was sure I was going to land in his mouth! But, I landed in his giant, soft, warm, & gentle hand. I was shaking like crazy! He looked at me for a minute. Then, he said, "Shh... calm down little one. It's ok. I'm not going to hurt you." Suddenly, I felt a giant finger on my back! I jumped at the sudden contact. The Giant slowly began to massage my back gently.

(Please note: It's not going where you think it is. There is no sex in this.)

         I soon fell fast asleep in the Giants' hand. He then put me in his shirt pocket so he could climb up the beanstalk without harming me. "Wow, I didn't expect her to warm up to me so fast." The Giant said quietly. Then, he climbed up the beanstalk. When I woke up, I was on a bed. Not just any bed. But a GIANT bed! I screamed... again. The Giant tried to calm me down. "Calm down, little one. It's ok. You're safe with me. I promise, I won't hurt you."

         "W-w-what a-are y-you g-going t-t-to d-do t-to m-me?" I asked stuttering fearfully.

         "Well, the first thing I'm gonna do is, make you immortal. The second thing I'm gonna do is find you a friend," the Giant said. Next, he explained even more to me. "Once you are immortal, you will not age, die, get STDs, get pregnant, have you monthly 'gift', etc. But, if another giant captures you, & you get eaten...," when I heard the Giant say get eaten I freaked out. Once the Giant was able to calm me down, he finished what he was saying. "...you won't die. Instead, after ten to twenty minutes, you will reappear in my hands safe & sound."

         "C-c-can I ask you a few questions?"

         "Of course."

         My mind was racing with questions. I wanted to ask so many. But I could only think of one at the moment. "First of all, how are you going to make me immortal?"

         "I'm going to make special food. I'm the only giant that knows how to make this special food," the Giant informed me. The next thing I knew, my stomach growled. My cheeks turned bright red from embarrassment. "Looks like my pet is hungry."

         My jaw dropped. "I'm a p-pet?!" I asked in surprise.

         "...In a way. But, you will still get free will... for the most part. Also, you won't have to sleep in a cage or wear a collar."

         "*sighs* I guess I have no choice. Am I right?" I asked in a defeated & upset tone.

         "You are correct," the Giant said. I let out an even deeper sigh when the Giant answered me. Then, the Giant lifted me up & started to bring me closer to his face. I was really scared. But, I realized he was doing this so I could get a better look at him. I noted the following features: kind, gentle eyes, dark skin, dark brown hair, (although, it could've been black) young, mid to late 20s.

          I asked, "A-are y-you a g-gentle giant?"

         "Yes." The Giant replied.

It took me a minute to realize one other thing. This giant looked (& sounded) like the giant from Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales For Every Child! The one from Jack and the Beanstalk! I thought There is no way he is a gentle giant!

         The Giant knew what I was thinking by the horrified expression on my face. So, he started to explain, "I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I'm not a gentle giant. Am I right?" He asked. I nodded. Then, the Giant said, "Well here's the truth, I am a gentle giant. I was forced to be that way. And I absolutely HATED it!" I could tell that he was telling me the truth. Especially, when I saw a few tears fall from his eyes. "Let's get you some food," the Giant said.

         He put me on the kitchen table & then started making lunch. About 10 minutes later, the food was ready. After I ate, I realized I was immortal! "What are we going to do now master?" I asked.

         "Let's go get you a frien... Wait... did you just call me master?"

         "Y-y-yes. I- I hope I didn't o-of-offend you."

         "No little one. You didn't offend me. Surprised, yes. But not offended."

         "I have another question."

         "What would you like to ask me, little one?"

         "So, we're getting me a friend, but for you, they will be another pet?"

         "Yes," the Giant admitted.

         "Do you think it could just be me?"

         "Are you sure?" The Giant asked. I nodded. "Ok. I will do almost anything to make you as happy as possible." The Giant said with a kind smile. "If you ever change your mind about wanting to go get a friend, let me know," the Giant added. Then, the Giant picked me up again & walked into the living room & placed me on a small pillow on the table. He lied on the couch. Then, he lifted me up, & put me on his stomach. He started to ask me some questions. "What's your name, little one?"

         "Hannah."

         "What a beautiful name."

         "Thank you."

         "You're welcome." Then, there was a knock at the door. "Oh crap," the Giant said worriedly.

         "What?" I asked starting to panic.

         "I've GOT to hide you!" the Giant said panicking. The Giant put me in his shirt pocket. I knew that I NEEDED to be quiet & stay still. The Giant looked through the peephole in the door & saw that it was his friend. When he opened the door, he said, "Oh my gosh! What a relief!" He said letting out a sigh of relief. "I've got to show you something. Come on in." His friend walked in & the Giant closed the door & locked it.

         The Giant took me out of his pocket & showed me to his friend. "WOW! Where did you get her?! How did you get her? Can I hold her?"

         "Yes you can. BUT you MUST be careful. I know that you're a gentle giant, but you must be careful. Understand?"

         "Yes. I promise to be gentle." The Giant's friend replied impatiently. I looked at my owner with a scared look on my face.

         "Please master, don't let him hold me. I'm scared of him." I whispered.

         "It's ok, little one. I promise I will be right here watching him." The Giant assured me.

         The Giant's friend picked me up. Once I was in his hand, I was shaking like crazy. And I was curled up into a ball. "It's ok, little one. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. Why is she so scared of me anyway?"

         "If I were in her shoes, I would be freaked too. She just needs to get used to you, just like she did to me. She probably thinks you're going to hurt her, eat her or something. Plus, she's new to the whole being "owned" thing. She also has a hard time trusting new giants. Plus, I just got her today. I saved her life. She was climbing the beanstalk & she fell. Luckily, I was standing right there & was able to catch her. If I wouldn't have been there, she wouldn't be here."

         "What happened to the beanstalk?"

         "Once I got up here, I cut it down.  Besides, there weren't many people down there anyway. I was down there to find a human companion."

         "OK then."

         He then started bringing me closer to his face. In turn, I started to hyperventilate. "Please (inhale) don't (exhale) hurt (inhale) me (exhale)!" The Giant's friend wasn't listening. He seemed to be distracted by something. So, I screamed for help.

         "All right! That's it. Put her down! You're scaring the crap out of her!" My owner said.

         "W-what's going on?" The Giant's friend asked. He looked at me & saw that I was curled up into a tight ball & shaking.

         "Are you ok dude? You looked as if you were possessed or something."

         "I don't know what happened." He then looked down & looked at me. When he saw the look of horror on my face, he said, "I'm so sorry little one. I have no idea what came over me just now."

         "It's ok... I guess." I said somewhat forgivingly. After the Giant's friend left, the Giant looked at his watch.

         When he saw the time, he was surprised. He said, "Oh my. It can't be that late already." I was so tired from all the (so called) "excitement" that I was sound asleep in his hand. "She looks so cute & helpless. I'm the luckiest giant ever." He said quietly to himself.

         Some how, the Giant's comment didn't wake me up. I started stirring in my sleep. The Giant wasn't sure whether I was about to wake up, or if I was having a nightmare. He was relieved when I woke up. "Hey little one. Are you hungry?" I nodded. "Alright. Let's go in the kitchen & I'll make dinner."

         "No offense, but I'm scared of your friend."

         "It's ok, little one. I understand." He came back over to the table with only one plate of food. I looked at him with a confused look. "You think I forgot about you, don't you?" I nodded. "I only brought one plate because I'm letting you eat off my plate. I will eat what ever you don't eat."

         After we ate, the Giant picked me up & carried me into his room. He said, "I'll be right back little one." He left the room & came back with a comfortable looking reclining chair. He sat down on it & I got confused.

         I asked, "Isn't this your bed?"

         "Yes it is. But it's your first night here, you deserve it." He said with a kind smile.



********

         Two & a half months later, the Giant woke up in the middle of the night. He was worried because he had a human pet. He knew if other giants found out, they may come & attempt to steal me. He got up & quietly walked to the bedroom door & locked it. He knew all the doors leading outside were locked. He went over to the window, & it was locked. Suddenly, I woke up screaming. The Giant came over to me & said "What's wrong, little one? Did you have a bad dream?"

         I nodded. "It felt so real! I thought I was going to die!" I said bursting into tears.

         "Shh. It's ok, little one. I'm here." He said stroking my cheek gently. He then carefully wiped my tears. He then lifted me up & started to gently rock me back & forth. He started to hum quietly.

         "Thank you master. I feel better now." A couple of hours later, both of us fell back to sleep. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the window shattered!

         The Giant stirred in his sleep from the noise. I on the other hand was fast asleep. "Sorry about that. Just playing a late night ball game." The strange hooded giant came in to get the "ball". He looked around & then looked at the bed. He saw me sleeping & an evil, devilish smile came across his face. In one swift move, I was in his massive hand! The next morning, when the Giant woke up, he saw shattered glass everywhere! He got scared. He looked at the bed & to his horror, I was gone.

         "NO! Not my pet! Somebody stole my pet!" He broke down crying. Then, the phone started to ring. "H-hello?"

         "I have your precious pet."

         "I want her back! She means everything to me!"

         "Hmm... No I think I'll keep her. She won't be here long."

         "What do you mean?"

         "I'm still debating whether to eat her NOW or LATER!"

         "Please don't! I'll do ANYTHING to get her back!"

         "Anything? Fine. I'll have to get back to you. IF you know what's good for you I suggest not calling the cops. That is IF you want to see her ALIVE!" The Evil Giant said as he slammed down the phone. He then turned to me & saw me struggling. "IF you try & say ANYTHING, including screaming, yelling or anything, while I tell that giant my demands, I WILL TAPE YOUR MOUTH SHUT!! UNDERSTAND?!" I nodded. The Evil Giant called my owner back. "Here are my demands: I want money, all the money you have, IF you want your beloved pet back ALIVE you will come ALONE & not call the cops! Oh & one more thing, you & I are going to fight for your pet. You have two weeks. If you don't show in that time, your pet becomes my dinner! You are to come to an old abandoned building 250 to 350 miles North of your place."

         "Ok. Th-thanks. I'll be there. Please don't hurt her before I get there."

         "I'm not making any promises!" The Evil Giant said firmly. Then, he slammed the phone down again. Then, my stomach started growling. "Aww you must be hungry. Well DEAL WITH IT!" The Evil Giant seethed.

         The Giant got all the money he could. Then, he left. He got in his car & drove to save me. "I will get her back! If it's the last thing I do." He said determined. Finally, after 12 hours of driving, he finally arrived. "Wow there was a lot of traffic!" The Giant said. He then got out of his car. He cautiously walked to the door. He knocked on the door & the door opened slowly. As it did, it creaked & screeched. The Giant was then forcefully pulled in. Then, the door slammed shut, & was then locked.

         "Well well well. Look what we have here. You must really care about your human if you came here. I think I will give you the honor of getting to see her one last time before the fight!"

         "I can't see anything in this darkness! How can I see my beloved pet if I can't even see?"

         "Fine! I'll turn on a lamp!" The Evil Giant said annoyed. He turned on a lamp. Of course he was wearing a mask to protect his true identity.

         "*Gasps* Oh my gosh! My poor sweet pet! I haven't seen you in a week!! I missed you so much."

         Despite how scared I was, I managed to ask "C-c-can my m-master hold m-me p-p-please?"

         "What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yeah, that's right, NO! NOW Let the battle between good & evil BEGIN! This will be a battle TO THE DEATH!" I gasped. The Evil Giant walked over to me & picked me up & he was not gentle at all. "You better watch OR ELSE you will be in either my HAND, SHOE, OR MY MOUTH DURING the fight! UNDERSTAND?!" He growled. Then, he dropped me (hard) in a glass cage.

         "Y-yes s-sir."

         "Here are the rules: the ONLY weapons allowed are hands & feet!"

         "H-he's going t-to die isn't he?"

         "Yep. That he will" The Evil Giant said with an evil smile.

         "Any other rules?"

         "No. 3-2-1 GO!"

         Both giants ran at each other. My owner punched the Evil Giant in the face. "Oh, I'm so sorry." My owner said sarcastically.

         "I will NOT take that!" The Evil Giant yelled. He then took a swing at my owner, & missed. He took yet another swing & missed again. Then, my owner kicked the Evil Giant in the stomach. He went down coughing & sputtering. The Evil Giant took yet another swing & made contact! He gave my owner a black eye (the Evil Giant already had a black eye from the first punch)! He took another swing & managed to knock my owner off his feet. "Ha! Take that!" The Evil Giant said. Then, my owner got up & brushed himself off.

         Two hours later, both giants were drenched in sweat. Their shirts were torn. The next thing I knew, my owner ran at the Evil Giant & kicked him in he chest. "Had enough?" My owner asked.

         "NO!" The Evil Giant managed to say. He was having some trouble breathing. Then, my owner kicked the Evil Giant EXTREMELY hard below the belt. "OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! YOU F***ING ASS****!" The Evil Giant screamed. Then, with his hands between his legs as he went crashing down. The whole room shook. And I had a hard time keeping my balance & fell. The Evil Giant passed out! My owner ran over to me & took me out of my glass prison. Then, he called the cops.

         Within 10 minutes the cops showed up. "Wait, before you take this (expletive) (expletive deleted) monster away, can I unmask him?" The cops nodded. The Giant slowly took off the mask & was taken aback & gasped. The Evil Giant was his FRIEND! His "friend" was taken to jail. On the way home, the Giant stopped at the hospital to get his injuries treated. Finally, I was back home with my kind, loving, gentle owner. Suddenly, the phone rang.

         "Hello?"

         "The Evil Giant died due to being beat up by you & his inmates. The inmates killed him. You will be rewarded for this."

         "Tell those inmates thank you. And I don't need to be rewarded. Getting my pet back is the best reward I could ask for." The Giant hung up & said "That bastard deserved it!"

         I said, "Good riddance to that ass****!"

         "Little one, I love you so much. I'm glad you're back with me safe & sound!"

         "Me too." I said with a smile.



END OF STORY BOOK PART 1
© Copyright 2011 Hannah Michelson (giantstorylove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1764846-Hannah--the-Beanstalka-twistd-version