*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1767205-Furrina--Before-the-Time-was-Invented
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1767205
Furrina explains What happened in 'The Time Before the Time was Invented'.
The moon is exceptionally bright, tonight. Its not full moon yet, we have more 3 days. Fae are afraid of the night. Everyone knows that a tree breathes in oxygen at night, i.e it turns into an animal... a mortal. So do fae. We are invulnerable in the sun, like the trees. But the moon changes everything. So we hide; and they come out.

They were the other half of the World We Reside In. The time was before the time was invented. There were no humans, no animals, no segragations. But we maintained our distance. We hid at night, they slept during the day. It was black and white. There were no shades of gray; there was no twilight. That was until I met him. We were caught, tried for treason.

Our punishment... From tommorrow, for the next three nights of the bright phase, I will be bathed in the moonlight and locked in a dark cell during the day. So that no sun can touch my body. On third night, I will enter the Realm of Mortals - world you know. And my shadow, my soul will be damned eternally in the circle of life and death. But I am not scared. I am luckier of the two. I have embraced my destiny. But I fear - for him that I call my own. He is banished - for ever. The sun won't harm him, the night won't take him. There is no way of redemption. Nothing but a long wait, and the search.

There is nothing we can do. But The Powers That Be have given us one night. One night to live out an eternity. One night to spend time in each other's arms. We have just one night. At least, we get a chance to wish each other farewell; to promise that we will find each other. A promise to never give up Hope.
© Copyright 2011 Furrina (furrina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1767205-Furrina--Before-the-Time-was-Invented