*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1782811-Prepareing-for-the-end
by Scorch
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1782811
A CEO looks over plans for a safe zone
Alex looked over the blueprints that his contractors had displayed for him to review. They would not start any of the advance changes until they got his approval. Small things, such as building the walls and fences and setting the ground for the apartments were being done already. Half the facility was to be used for housing, the other half, for farms. Food was being brought in from the fastest place that it could be bought, the black market. But food would only last so long and they would need fresh food.

"And you’re sure that these bunkers will be able to hold back an army?" Alex asked Mr. Jackson Locker, the head contractor.

Jackson nodded and replied, "I'm sure. We're setting it up like a fallout shelter, just like you asked, Mr. Burrows.”

Jackson was a good contractor; Alex had hired him to convert Delrix Corporation's Testing Facility 23 into a safe zone that could handle all of Alex's employees. In hiring Jackson, Alex had promised him and his men the use of the facility as well when everything went south. Alex was sure that a few hundred other refugees might stumble onto the site and ask for shelter. The other employees around the world would just have to rely on themselves; unfortunately, Alex knew he couldn't save everybody.

A virus was spreading through Europe and parts of Asia at an alarming rate and Alex had been receiving disturbing reports. He was sure the virus would reach the United States soon and even more sure that it would cause a collapse of order. Alex’s intention was that he, his employees, and a few others would be safe within Facility 23. They would be protected by the Delrix "Security" forces. Since the Delrix Corporation was a weapons development company, they would have the best weapons and men.

Alex asked, "What about the PA systems? Will they be working? And I’d like a tour of the grounds before I leave."

Jackson nodded, he was hired because he shared Alex's views about the future and he wanted somewhere safe for his men and their families. Alex would not turn anyone away, short of a cold blooded murderer, and only then if they couldn’t be of use. Alex took out his pen and made a few marks on the blueprints, changes he wanted made or those he decided not to make after some thought.

Alex nodded, looked up at Jackson for the first time during their conversation, and said, "Good work, I approve, you can start construction now."

"Understood Mr. Burrows," Jackson said as he rolled up the plans.

In eight months, Delrix Corporation's Testing Facility 23 would be the safest place on Earth. In one year, Delrix Corporation's Testing Facility 23 would be the last refuge of civilization on Earth.
© Copyright 2011 Scorch (scorch21500 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1782811-Prepareing-for-the-end