*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1785418-Good-Morning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1785418
A couple wake up happy.
They had meshed, for a moment. Two bodies entwined, two thoughts in perfect harmony with each other. Waves of pleasure flowed between them in an endless loop. For a moment, they were together.

Five minutes later, and she was asleep. So much for the old stereotypes.

He looked at her, still in the morning sunlight. Her chest rose and fell evenly. He lay his head down next to hers, taking her in. Soft features perfectly framed with dark hair, mussed from the night before. Deep brown eyes. It felt like a sin to let her mask them with sleep.

After a few beautiful moments, the alarm clicked. Eyes opened, raising a broad smile.

“Morning, Soph.” he whispered.

“Hello, you,” she replied, touching his chest.

Sophie raised her hand to Arran's chest. Her fingers shifted back a little as they touched him. His boss had shifted the workload up recently, and he'd lost a little weight. She looked up to his face, scars from teenage years bringing a slight curl from her lip. She moved up to sharp blue eyes, and smiled.

“What are you looking so happy about?” she asked.

“Oh, you know. Sun's out. Birds are singing

“You were in my dreams last night, you know,” he said.

“You're always in my dreams,” she replied, touching him gently.

“Maybe we shared a dream?” he said, fingers running over soft skin.

“Do you think that's possible?” she asked. Her brow furrowed.

“Perhaps. I suppose we'll never really know.”

“It is nice to dream, though,” she said.

“I could sleep forever with you,” he said.

She smiled, remembering why she loved him.

“I'm going to the bathroom,” she said, swinging herself upright.

He watched her walk away, taking in her whole body, saving the best for last. Beautiful legs, all the way to the floor. Skinny, but perfectly formed. She thought about them from time to time, thought people were staring at them. He always told her “that's what perfection brings.”

“I worry sometimes, you know,” said Sophie.

“What about?” Arran asked.

“A few things. Life, mostly. Why does it have to be so hard for people?”

“Some people like a challenge. That's how we grow,” he said, gently caressing her.

“They enjoy dying?”

“Everyone gets tired of the fight eventually,” said Arran. “Luckily, there are always more on the way to carry us onward.”

“That's another thing. If everything you say is true, how can we keep on growing forever?” Sophie stared him straight in the eyes. “ I just can't see how it can work.”

He turned to Sophie, looking her straight in the eye.

“That's just old guilt playing on you,” said Arran. “You shouldn't let that serpent get you down.”

“I don't get it,” she said.

“Imagine this. Adam and Eve are sitting in the garden, speaking about how it looks.” He caught her eyes once more, making sure she was following. “They realise, between the two, that neither of them sees it quite the same way.”

“Right....” she said.

“So they speak about how they can create somewhere they can both make their worlds closer together.”

“Sounds good,” said Sophie.

“They can feel a god above, but fear they will be crushed at any moment. God wants all the power, you see.”

“Sounds like a lot of gods I know.”

“Doesn't it?” Arran continued, still holding Sophie's gaze. “So between them they have an idea, but keep it in their heads until the right moment.”

“What was the idea?”

“Well, the old books tell it a different way, but I'm happy to lay it all on the line. For you,at least.”

“Go on,” she said.

“I think they said to each other: Let's have babies.”

Sophie let out a little laugh.

“And god was angry with that?” she said.

“I think that's just what we've been telling ourselves,” Arran continued. “I guess maybe god just wasn't quite ready yet.”

“It is a lot of responsibility,” said Sophie.

“I think we're ready. Or we will be soon,” said Arran. “We just need to find the right time.”

“Sounds good,” said Sophie. “Can I ask you something?”

“Of course, my mind is your oyster.” Arran chuckled.

“Why do you always come at night?”

“Because that's the only way I can see you, until very recently. You're quite the elusive one.”

“The best things always are,” Sophie laughed.

They rested their heads together, thinking of the future they had together. Plans and revisions raced through their heads.

They only knew one thing.

They had all the time in the world.
© Copyright 2011 Paradoxical (rabidbaboon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1785418-Good-Morning