*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1797556-Somethings-wrong-with-Gwendolyn
Rated: ASR · Other · Family · #1797556
A. woman deals with a diagnosis that leaves her shocked and feeling isolated
Gwen didn't want to believe it. She sat looking at the counsellor and wished she was somewhere else. Okay so there it was right out there in the open for all to see.Every dead end, every dubious decision, every loss, every argument was her fault.
Gwen leaned back on the sofa and exhaled a long breath. No more running. She became aware of the running pattern when she was was 32. She decided that every where they chose to live she would stick it out for 5 years. 5 years before the panic, fear and anxiety would overwhelm her and they had to move again. The distraction of moving, the turmoil, enabled Gwen to keep the terrifying memories at bay.  5 years,That would be good,  most mortgages were free of penalties by then. All this Gwen kept to herself.
It didnt matter anymore. Everyone probably knew anyway, or suspected there was something wrong. Something wrong with gwendolyn. The depression was under control and had been for a while, even though gwen had been reluctant to accept medication was for her.
  Her husband Carey had been watching the on again off again medication merry go round for a decade. When Gwen came home with the  new diagnosis all he could say was " I think she's right."
Great, that seals the deal. Gwen watched her life so far reel slowly through her mind like an old super 8 movie.    to be continued......
© Copyright 2011 Lyndy Wrote (wentys52 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1797556-Somethings-wrong-with-Gwendolyn