*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1801840-Unnamed-sci-fi-65279Prologue-Azurmus
Rated: ASR · Draft · Sci-fi · #1801840
This it the opening for a science fiction piece I'm working on.

October 13th 2034AD, twenty-two years after the Third Great War, in the new city of Neo Roma, fashioned after an ancient civilization of Azurmus.

         “Doctor Josef Mengele stand.” The Emperor waits for him to stand up, “You have been found guilty of the following crimes; twenty-five counts of illegal genetic experimentation on a sentient being, five counts of murder against Imperial Citizens, fifty counts of murder against a vassal of the empire, over one hundred counts of filing fraudulent paper work, and five counts of illegal scientific experiments.” The Emperor looks at Mengele waiting for some kind of reaction,
he waits in vain, “Do you have anything to say before I pass sentence on you?”

         Doctor Mengele just stands next to his council expressionless as a prewar ATM.

         “If that’s how you want to be.” he looked over his notes before continuing, “It was your kind of activities that have created many of the mutants of the wastes, doctor. Men who thought they could play god, without any consequences, and the War came and their experiments got loose, and we, the survivors of the Great War suffer from their attacks daily.”

         “Your experimentations created a new monster that caused the death of five citizens on red Saturday when it got loose. Our scientists have tried to reverse what you have done to those innocent souls we found in your lab, with little success. The fact you show no remorse at this point leaves me with little choice. The jury recommends death, but I have a far better idea.” He said smiling.

         “You shall be exiled into the wastes. To the very people you were experimenting on. You will be tattooed on your arm to indicate your crimes. With the following; Greed for forbidden knowledge, Lust for forbidden power, and Pride for self above all other things. To warn all about your evil. You will have to survive in their world without the technology you are so used to. Relying on their kindness to survive.”

         Mengele could care less what the emperor said but when he questioned “his” science he finally had a reason to speak up. “You uneducated buffoon, you believe in some mythical sky god, and have the gall to chastise me? I am doing what you fools will not! I am finding answers! The morality you claim is just a by product of stupid evolution. With you being at the shallow end of the gene pool!”

         The Emperor just looked at Mengele, not phased by his hollow words. “We will see who is in the shallow end of things at the end doctor, but for now your punishment for bucking our stupid morality.”

         Mengele would have continued his rants but at this point two pretorians had chosen to restrain him. Seeing that he wasn’t going to continue the Emperor continued to had down his sentence.

         “After you have been properly branded you will be taken to the border by my
guard and released, forbidden to return under penalty of death, and I promise you if you do return I will arrange the most painful execution I can think of.”

         With his sentence passed the emperor turned to the two guards restraining the doctor, “Now take the prisoner to be branded once you have done that escort him to the south border.” As he stood up he looked over towards Mengele before his guard removed him from the court room deciding to say one last thing to him, “I hope you find the worst kind of fate in the wastes, doctor. After all it was your kind of people who created it.”

         The doctor was escorted to the medical facilities and was branded with his crime. On his left the words murder and mad man were branded on, and his right the words the emperor had ordered. Once the procedure was done the pretorian guard escorted him to the border. As they marched him towards the border they taunted him.

         Unlocking his chains they taunted him with one last taunt, “Be off scum, find
a rock to live under like the serpent you are!” They said as they tossed him over the border of the empire.

         Mengele ripped some cloth wrapping it over his new tattoos. He decided to head south where he knew of a few prewar places where he might be able to go and make use of his medical knowledge to the people living there. After he was established in any of those communities he could use his prestige with them to get to a few other places he knew of where he might be able to continue his work.
© Copyright 2011 Guardian of Worlds (davidsf369 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1801840-Unnamed-sci-fi-65279Prologue-Azurmus