*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1818606-One-Man-War-Saga-Outline-1993-3000
Rated: 18+ · Outline · Action/Adventure · #1818606
A basic outline of One Man War, detailing important events between the years 1993 and 3000
One Man War Saga
Outline Of Major Plot-Related Dates Between 1993 and ~3000


First of all, let it be known that there is a major plot device at play, which will explain some of the rather mind-bogglingly improbable events: Earth, known to the Imperial BioAndronian Empire  (IBAE) as Pure Planet 14, is currently under a time-distorting field dating back to the early days of the IBAE. Earth was discovered quite early after its creation, and displayed promising growth traits similar to other recorded Pure Planets. As such, it was deemed that such a planet- so close in size to BioAndronia- was to be protected at all costs, so the Time Distortion Field was installed around it and the nearby system. The distortion was such that for every one of Earth's years, almost two hundred thousand Universal Accepted Time years flew by.
(Note: I'm still trying to find the sheet I spent an hour going over my history and figuring out the conversion rate. I will edit the exact number when I find it.)

As I was figuring this all out, it did occur to me that it would pose some weird questions, such as: "What if a regular person went into this field? Would they die instantly?" I have yet to adopt a cannon answer, but the two possibilities are as follows:
a) Nobody is all that interested in risking their necks to penetrate through an entire IBAE Pure Planet Defense Fleet; As for later on, the same holds true for the 'new' Defense Fleet.
b) No, as cells are not 'actually' affected by the Distortion, and operate on a different 'theory' of time. (The best description would be that not every cell is linked to the same flow of time; traversing the Distortion does not actually accelerate or decelerate time, but rather operates like a metronome: it just changes your tempo. Your cells, however, have one steady tempo that is unaffected by the Distortion, and is not linked in any way to the flow of time, much like the way we imagine a 'time machine' to work: we just assume that we can go back in time without spontaneously reversing our age. Another way of describing it uses the 'time is not a flow, but a sequence of snapshots' theory of time: as you traverse the Distortion every other snapshot accelerates, but does not effect you. As you exit it, you simply get out of the 'slow lane' and enter the 'fast lane' without any hiccups.)

Onto the major dates now.
______________________
1993: Beginning of Project One Man War (Birth Year of real Ocean Seven)

~1994-97: Second Great Defensive War Officially Ends (IBAE Forces)
~1996: Prototype Testing Unit MODEL-01 Ceases All Operation

~1997-Early 2000s: Second Great Defensive War Officially Ends (GDA/DHO Forces)
  -Earth is also officially recognized as an independent planet under protection of the GDA by the IBAE as per the Mutual Earth Defense Treaty, pardoning the GDA for occupying Pure Planet 14 in return for the assurance that the GDA would protect PP14 in the IBAE's stead.

~2007: Third Great Defensive War Begins (GDA Declares War on IBAE)

June 17th, 22:37, 2014: Legion General Second Class Snpr Mk.VII, aboard the Fallen First Fleet's flagship, FFS

Forgotten, issues an ultimatum to the Council of Elders on BioAndronia, ordering them to surrender.

June 17th, 22:38, 2014: Council of Elders on BioAndronia reach consensus about the impending GDA invasion

June 17th, 22:50, 2014: Admiral Ocean Seven turns 31.

June 17th, 22:51, 2014: Third Great Defensive War Ends

June 17th, 22:52, 2014: Aftermath of the Quantum Device forces GDA Navy forces out of the former BioAndronian System; as a result, all forces aboard Fallen First Fleet ACV's in the vicinity of BioAndronia are listed as MIA.

June 17th, 22:53, 2014: Admiral Ocean Seven, back on Earth handling other problems, is officially listed as MIA.

June 17th, 22:54, 2014: Red Eye-0137 assumes command of all GDA/53rd MCOH Military Forces.

~2080: Entire population of the Federation of Russia moves into massive offshore housing barges as countrywide reconstruction efforts begin due to rising population and end of serious health problems.

~2110: The Federation of Russia finishes reconstruction efforts, and the population moves back into a completely redesigned Russia- cities now consist entirely of housing and recreation facilities, while all business and manufacturing centers are moved into massive Stalʹnaya Bashnya's (Steel Towers) at the center of every city. (Many larger cities have multiple Towers, such as the capital city of Moscow, which has a grand total of twenty Steel Towers, the most famous being the capital tower, Kretchovski Tower. Named in honour of Iliya Kretchovski, K-Tower and all of its 280 aboveground floors stands proud in the brisk Russian sky)

~2141: World War Three occurs as tensions between China and the U.S. reach critical mass. Russia, now a longtime ally of America, is taken completely by surprise by the Chinese invasion, and it is only by sheer luck that the invasion is stalled in time for American and GDA reinforcements- two formerly missing Coronet Tiger-II Ultraheavy Armoured Infantry units respond to the Chinese advance and activate. When they make contact with the Chinese units, the entire invasion army stops in its tracks as the huge machine climbs out of its quiet resting place at the bottom of one of the salvaged 2080 Russian Reconstruction sludge lakes. The Chinese line collapses quickly, and the Coronet TIger-II's simply stand guard on standby orders to not engage potential threats unless they pass within a certain distance of themselves. Defending Russian units take the lapse in the advance to push forward and hammer the Chinese lines; although they fight like bears, the massive Chinese numbers prevent them from breaking the line until American reinforcements arrive, and the programming on the Tiger-II's is overridden.

~2145: World War Three ends with a conditional surrender by China after almost four and a half years of heavy fighting in Russia and the Middle East. Losses on all involved armies are high, with an estimated three hundred million dead soldiers, and almost five million civilians. The world relaxes as the war ends, and the fear of a Second Cold War is proven to be false a the GDA establishes observation bases along the Chinese-Russian border. China takes a gamble by moving military units closer to the border, but the GDA warns China that any further movement will be considered an act of war, citing such accurate intel that Chinese generals believe they have other means of observation aside from just the bases.

~Mid 2500s:

~2664: GDA's 753rd BioAndronian Aerospace Engineering Shipyards usher in a new era of air superiority with the unveiling of their declassified Interdictors; huge, airborne aircraft carriers equipped with ultra-powerful engines to outrun ballistic missiles and housing the next generation of fighter aircraft, Assault Fighters. These agile, high-speed, short-range fighters demonstrate their combat prowess by shooting down every modern U.S. fighter, and dozens of ballistic missiles each in short order.

~2769: Fourth World War occurs when U.S. Navy fighters shoot down a Chinese diplomatic airship en route back to the People's Republic of China on suspicion of conspiracy. GDA High Command orders the fighters to land on the I-700 Class Interdictor escorting the airship, but secretly commandeers the pilots for Assault Fighter training after China once again declares war. Despite GDA's technical superiority, the ferocity of the Chinese invasions forces the GDA back with its allies. Russia is once again invaded, however Chinese units have learned their lesson and advance fairly slowly, using mostly hit-and-run tactics to avoid the large GDA units. China's advance reaches across Asia, the Middle East, much of Africa, and all the way to French borders, with the GDA retreating the whole way as China deploys a reverse-engineered Interdictor. With the threat of invasion looming on the U.K., the GDA steps up Interdictor patrols around the area, and begins patrols of the Atlantic all the way from Greenland to South Africa. During one, one of the patrol units, Task Force Vagrant Wind, spots a Chinese stealth invasion fleet and attempts to engage. However, the Chinese have prepared a little surprise for Vagrant Wind, as an old enemy returns with some extra muscle. When things go horribly wrong and Vagrant Wind's aging Sterling-II Class Interdictor is crippled, the GDA returns the gesture with an all-out assault that climaxes in the world's longest and most powerful bombardment to date.

~2774: Fourth World War ends with China once again defeated- this time, for good. The world is still in shock at the uncontrolled rage the GDA forces displayed in the closing weeks of the war, and the thought of the weapon that ended the Chinese does nothing to ease their worries. With long-suppressed memories threatening to throw him over the edge, Red Eye-0137 turns his attention to an outlet: the incessant bombardment of Earth by the communication requests of the governing body that replaced the IBAE. Wanting nothing to do with a government which tried to control the entire universe, Red Eye orders the Remembrance Fleet- every ACV left from the Third Great Defensive War and every ACV build afterward- to begin offensive operations against this 'United Universal Government' that has so far failed to realize that communications silence and a massive defensive fleet means an entity that wishes to be left alone.

~2775: In the fastest massive-scale assault ever mounted by any civilization, the Remembrance Fleet ploughs through planet after planet against an increasingly desperate UUG Aerospace Navy. In short order, the UUG is forced back to its final stronghold, Hope, and tries to reason with Red Eye. Red Eye, although no longer in a blind rage, rejects the appeal to Remembrance Fleet's mercy, stating that "You remembered all right... Just far, far too late." Hope is deemed conquered as Red Eye fires biological pathogens into the atmosphere, albeit with no real conviction. As the pathogens disperse, Red Eye looks back at the war and tries to see a real cause for it all, but finds nothing. Remembrance Fleet returns home in high spirits, but Red Eye becomes distant and often unresponsive. He shortly vanishes from GDA High Command without a trace.

~2864: Secret preparations dating as far back as the Third World War are completed after fourteen years of painstakingly slow reconstruction of the Steel Towers, and the Federation of Russia's dreaded Gulags are revived- hidden in plain sight in the Steel Towers dotting the country. Kretchovski Tower is renamed Kretchovski Core, and still serves as the capital building, but is said in whispers to house the most brutal prisons of all the Steel Towers. Around this time, one of Moscow's more adventurous gun runners closes up shop after a brief encounter with Mafiya in his store, impressing the local big boss after interrupting two Mafiya extortion men, boldly slugging one in the face and ridiculing the Mafiya itself in front of him. The gun runner vanishes in short order after a series of police raids creep closer to the safehouse he and a major group of men were hiding in.

~2870: A Moscow Senator divorces his wife, citing reasons to send her to to K-Core at the same time. As a gesture of loyalty to the state, his two kids are deported into K-Core as well. The state acknowledges the Senator's genuine loyalty and places the family in an Admin job on Level 18, the highest section most political inmates reach. (And the only underground Level with some decent living conditions; Level 19 inmates get few surface breaks, and inmates on the bottommost level, Level 20, go in and never come back out- they are not granted any surface allowance, and as a result of the utter lack of sunlight and brutal conditions, inmate death rates are extremely high, to the point where anyone who lasts more then a few years garners great respect from other inmates and even the guards themselves.)

May 8th, 2871:The Senator's son, Uremy Sethom Tarjet, meets a girl from Level 10 who sneaks down to the underground levels from time to time, and learns of a secret plot to escape or take control of K-Core. The two set off up K-Core on a potentially lethal game of hide and seek, stopping on Level 8, where the rebel group is organizing. The painstaking amount of planning is almost wasted as the group learns that the guards are going around searching for an escaped inmate from Level 19. After careful consideration, the decision to accelerate the plan is accepted.

April 1st, 2871: After delivering an inconspicuous message throughout K-Core, sleeper agents at all levels band together and distract the guards by singing the 1941 Anthem of Russia. This allows the small band of rebels to gain access to Level 2 and 3, where the guards have grown complacent. Just as the guards begin to round up dissenters, the rebel group arrives with weapons in tow. The bewildered guard forces are quickly dispatched, and with the elevators unguarded, a systematic purge begins. Returning to Levels 2 and 3, they confront the frightened men who sit atop the largest collection of criminals as they cower in their chairs. After a public broadcast, each one is cast from the balcony, and the liberation of K-Core is complete.

April 2nd, 2871: Russian Army units respond to the rebel takeover of K-Core by throwing a huge tank force at the Tower. One of the advance tanks arrives early, and mistakenly fires at what they think of an antitank missile launcher. From the gaping hole in the tower, the liberated inmates gather and once again begin singing the Soviet National Anthem. The tank's driver has no idea what they're singing of, but the commander realizes the song and enlists the help of his gunner, whom he knows is not as much of a loyalist as his driver. The commander tells the driver a long-winded story that the song is an indicator, and that they need to get inside K-Core before anything goes wrong to extract a VIP. The driver is suspicious at first, but reluctantly agrees after the gunner openly supports the idea. The sound of a tank blowing up from behind snaps them back to reality, and once sure no Russian Army units are watching them, they sneak into K-Core's shipping wing and abandon the tank. The strange requirement that they remain out of sight bugs the driver, who asks why they need to hide of there are friendly spies inside. When the commander begins to tap a pattern on one of the pipes, the driver is convinced that his commander is a traitor and tries to pull his gun on him. The gunner stops him in time, although he still gets a shot off. Thankfully, the group of inmates that rush to the sound includes Tarjet. Tarjet stops the other inmates before they open fire, and asks the commander how they got so far without any of the other rebels noticing. The commander instead replies with a description of what sounds like a guardsman's observations and a reference to a very old and very dead someone- a reference that would insure that on the off-chance someone living in the country still knew about him, only the proper person would understand the reply.

April 3rd, 2871: As Russian Army forces bear down on K-Core, Tarjet decides that the Russian Army Tank Commander who snuck into K-Core in the middle of broad daylight and who knew something only one other person knew, is someone he can trust, at least until the Russian Army tanks are forced to regroup.

April 5th, 2871: After two days of non-stop fighting, the Russian Army tanks turn around to regroup and try their attack again. Tarjet asks around to where the tank commander went, and is directed to Level 3. Once there, Tarjet very nearly misses the commander- clad in K-Core guard uniform, standing inside the elevator waiting room. Tarjet is about to ask what he is doing when he stops short- he almost missed him standing in the open because it was as if he belonged there. Tarjet simply stares at the commander for a few moments before fully understanding. More for reassurance than confirmation, he asks the commander who he is. The commander proceeds to reveal who he is and how he knew that Tarjet was there because of the Soviet Anthem. He also gives Tarjet a surprise bit of information about himself- something Tarjet almost refuses to believe.

~3000: On an isolated planet spared the destruction of the Remembrance Fleet called Oblast IV, a planet that has known non-stop rebellion since it was first settled, former GDA soldiers who stumbled into the planet train rebel forces in preparation to break free of the desert planet still held by the remnants of the IBAE. After one thousand years without support, the former GDA commander on Oblast IV deems the supply bases dotting the sun-scorched landscape are ripe for raiding. A plan to commandeer a transport is finalized, and an assault launched. Backed by a trainload of indigenous rebels and four of his fellow soldiers, he makes his way towards the Division, a physics-defying formation of soft sand that serves as the only route across the Ocean of Sand, a mass of hard, packed sand that spans much of the globe where nothing grows and nothing survives. (In the entire history of the IBAE, less than ten BioAndronians have traversed the Ocean of Sand by the Division without gear to protect their organics, and only one of them was able to turn around and do it again- somehow walking through such a fierce sandblasting without his organics being torn away and being forced into Emergency Mode. However, even the second crossing took its toll, and said BA ended up suffering the highest organics damage ever recorded on a BA unit not forced into Emergency Mode.) However, the IBAE forces are still more then a match for boatloads of rebels, and manage to break back into the yard and rush a Magrail in pursuit of the fleeing Magneto Train. Approaching the Division, Oblast IV's experimental 'Orbital Defense Cannon', Mother of St. Petersburg, opens fire on the Magneto Train despite only having one, fairly weak uplink coming from the rapidly moving Magrail. The Mother manages to get off an even dozen shots off before the Magneto Train enters the No-Fire inside the Division, but misses them all, only managing to cover part of the train in a light dusting of sand. But before anyone celebrates, they have a speeding Magrail coming up from behind, and a little over five minutes before the cover of the Division is gone. They must destroy the Magrail or disable it around a bend before the Mother obtains accurate firing data from it, at all costs.
         -A hopeless prospect for everyone aboard the Magneto Train... but who is the GDA Commander whose eyes betray excitement? Who is he really, he who knows the risks yet goes all in? Some great commander, whose name is lost in the endless Sea of Sand? (The 'Sea' is akin to Earth's landmass, as it is habitable, while the 'Ocean' is not.) The sands of Oblast IV take hold and do not let go of those they catch- but can they hold those who they have not caught?



_________
The timeline of Project One Man War extends before Earth was formed, and as of right now, as far forward as the year 4014.
Project One Man War envelops essentially all theaters of warfare, including Aerospace Warfare, which is simply another way of saying any other space battle. I use the term Aerospace Warfare because a multitude of my ACV and often aircraft designs are fully capable of crossing theaters of warfare, the most visible examples of spaceflight-capable aircraft being the huge Interdictors: their powerful RAZE, Rocket Assisted Zenith Engine, rests in an array of concealed pockets across the aircraft, mostly on the fuselage, and thus would have been unable to breathe air without major structural revision (I declined to even attempt to do so because Interdictors were already pushing the limits of the One Man War Universe physics, I had no real full blueprint of it, and the added workload of figuring it all out was not what I needed then and there) ergo they are a closed system and fully capable of propelling the Interdictor in the absence of adequate quantities of combustible gases. (The first-stage Ballistic Missile Evasion system of an Interdictor, to SHEAR, (Sudden High Energy Ascent Response) on the other hand is unable to operate without combustible gases, although it can operate at full power even with very low quantities of air, far away from the planet's surface, and can operate the engines without adequate external air supplies for as long as it has air inside of the Interdictor itself.

-The ADE-20 Hypersonic Bomber: A reimagined version of the Aurora bomber of old, (In relation to One Man War; the Aurora is roughly as old as the F-22/A Raptor, and if I remember correctly, was around as a pipe dream long before the Raptor was designed.) the AED-20 could shove its little brother into one of its engines without its wings. With four huge engines powering it through the sky, the AED-20 doesn't quite fly per se- it rockets through the air rather then on the air. Capable of running up to its typical cruse speed well over Mach Twenty in a matter of minutes, the AED-20 is capable of striking anywhere on Earth in very short order. Its only drawback is its huge size means it must be shuttled high into the atmosphere after completion, and it is completely and totally incapable of landing on any runways other than the enormous landing strip designed especially for it on the island of Novaya Zemlya off the coast of Northern Russia, at the same base where most of the Interdictor servicing is carried out when downtime is not an issue. (Interdictors, while they are fully capable of landing on that airstrip, such is its width, would not be able to take off again, and as such perform a water landing- an actual landing, utilizing several very long and sturdy fins on the bottom of the fuselage to ensure it does not try to veer off in any direction other than the direction it came in on. These also assist it on takeoff by providing extra lifting area as the Interdictor approaches takeoff speed and begins to rise out of the water on Ground Effect lift. Normally, though, Interdictors would call for an orbital dockyard to position itself for a capture.) As well, at the speeds it travels at, it lacks a bomb bay, and can only release specially-build containers out of the rear, in the middle of the engine bank. Their size and difficulty to maintain means there are less than one hundred of them, as the formation of AED-20's standing by for tasking can seriously clog up orbital approaches as is. To overcome these payload restrictions, the AED-20 can carry two extremely high-power weapons: one, little more then a Fuel Air Explosive Bomb on a vastly bigger scale, and the other a specially-designed nuclear device that was responsible for its speed requirements; the AED-20 is equipped with RAZE Engines to allow it to escape the blast zone. (One may think, why would a bomber flying at Mach 20 need to alter course to escape a nuclear detonation? The answer is simple: that bomb is also flying at Mach 20 upon release. And at that speed, it won't impact too long after the AED-20 roars over the epicenter, and this bomb is much, much larger then even the Tsar Bomba (As well as being even more 'clean' than said bomb.) As such, it's only real escape route is up. Way up. (Final note: Although it uses RAZE engines, the order for ignition is 'SHEAR! SHEAR! SHEAR!' as these engines predate the separation of SHEAR Engines to define spaceflight-capable ones as RAZE. That, and the AED-20 can't 'actually' use RAZE properly- it simply cannot obtain vertical flight before it is clear of the atmosphere, while the much slower Interdictors are designed to fly straight vertical when observing SHEAR and RAZE activation.)

-The Anaconda Hybrid Air Superiority Helicopter: The perfect sister to the Albatross Assault Helicopter (which, like the Anaconda, is named completely backwards to its reference.) the Anaconda is the very first Hybrid Helicopter, utilizing a very simple mechanism found on aircraft and helicopters stationed on Aircraft Carriers: folding blades. In flight, the Anaconda simply cuts 90% power to the rotary engine, slowing the propeller down but keeping it moving during transition, and releases the heavy-duty brakes on the reverse-jointed coaxial blades making them fold rapidly as a result of momentum. All the while the blade mast is telescoping into the roof of the Anaconda to present a more aerodynamic profile, and braking is applied to the mast itself to speed up stowing time. Two large engines underneath the tail assembly begin ignition at the same time, and are already running up as the mast finishes stowing. These two engines, placed where they are, gives the Anaconda a slight resemblance to the F-4E Wild Weasel II's engine setup- twin engines under the tail assembly, with a squarish belly. While not designed primarily to fly this way, the Anaconda sacrifices speed on propeller-driven flight to carry a massive array of firepower, and because even its current maximum speed is mostly pointless except in the event it needs to get somewhere fast, and transitioning is not the best option, such as a short distance sprint into a combat zone, where one would want the best available firing platform- the Anaconda is fully capable of using its entire weapons suite while configured as a jet.

Notes on the Anaconda: Compared to most aircraft of the day (in OMW) the Anaconda isn't particularly fast, nor is it terribly maneuverable as a jet; however it akin to a AV-8B Harrier in that it can out-turn aircraft more agile than itself using four jets (not turbofans like the Harrier) to perform an assisted turn, allowing it to turn 180 degrees exponentially faster than purpose-build fighters- it has the third fastest overall turning speed, next to both types of Assault Fighters, which are capable of doing a 360 degree loop in three seconds flat. Its wing stubs are quite thick, in order to pull the weapons pods closer in, reducing drag as much as possible. While the Anaconda can fire with these pods, pilots are more apt to use the build-in rocket strip inside the wing stub itself for rocket strafing at high speed- that and the top third of each pod would not be able to be fired unless the pod was lowered. In addition, both of the Anaconda's guns can be fired in both modes: the chin-mounted 25mm rotary cannon can be released from its braced position in jet flight and rotated around its axis without difficulty, even at Mach Two. On the other hand, the Anaconda's 57mm heavy cannon cannot be deployed from its hidden storage compartment above ~Mach 1.4, or else the doors may suffer damage in the short time they jut out of the fuselage (unlike, say, an F-22/A's hidden missile bay doors, these doors only extend outwards as much as is needed before sliding inwards, and to offset the drag a fully exposed bay creates, a third 'door' angles down and slides over the very front of the bay, mounted just ahead of it, to push air away from the bay. The gun itself could easily be fired at Mach 1.4 without any damage whatsoever, but above Mach One the recoil the weapon causes goes up exponentially as the aircraft goes faster: the recoil present at Mach Two is much more than twice at Mach One, and the Anaconda is still primarily an Air Superiority Helicopter, which requires exact precision.) but is otherwise still available in jet flight. The 57mm heavy cannon is like a gun turret on a bomber; it was not designed to engage the same targets as the aircraft itself, but protect it from threats the aircraft was not build to fight (in theory.) It gives the Anaconda a powerful ground-attack punch, another first for a helicopter, which would not ordinarily be able to use a weapon of sufficient caliber to punch through medium armour. The Anaconda's 57mm heavy cannon fires two projectiles per press of the trigger- while the Anaconda is huge (almost three times the size of an MH-53E Super Stallion) so is the gun, which is bolted onto a 360-degree rotational mount in turn attached to a single-track rail system allowing the cannon to fire behind the Anaconda without added recoil. All the mechanical parts in there greatly reduces available space for ammunition, space shared by the 25mm rotary gun as well. On dedicated gunship models, the entire space behind the cockpit can hold ammunition, but for most Anacondas, that area is reserved for transport as the Anaconda, while performing a different primary role, is still related to the Albatross, the primary transport of the GDA. (Which is five times the size of a Super Stallion, and was originally designed as a dedicated ammunition carrier for Coronet/Lumbering Tiger-I Ultraheavy Armoured Infantry units and Indigo-series vehicles, specifically the Indigo Azimuth Hybrid Artillery/Infantry Support Tank. It could carry several dozen shells for a Tiger-I (The Tiger-II's are vastly bigger, and the cannon itself could swallow up several Albatross' on top of each other- that and the size increase allowed it to store many more shells, even at their own increased size. 13th Terror Corps. Lumbering Tiger-II's primarily use their Vulcan Turrets, and typically do not carry more then fifty shells, prioritizing firing time on the Turrets, which often are higher then the actual length of time the gun itself can handle before warping.) Now they typically serve as mass infantry/vehicle carriers and only carry the much smaller rounds for the Indigo-series vehicles; a single Albatross can carry more ammo than the Indigo Azimuth itself can!)

And on the Aerospace front, the iconic spaceflight/atmospheric flight capable example is the least suited to the task: the massive, nine-point-two kilometer long BioAndroniam Aerospace Engineering Shipyards' Self-Sufficient Battle Carrier Vehicle Model 77 "Delta-I Class" Mobile Weapons Platform, aka "SwarmCarrier". (In the much nicer short form, BAAES SSBCV-77 D1-Class MWP. Or, for anyone who isn't part of Chair Force or a literary serial killer, just SwarmCarrier. Indeed, no space; the lack of a space infers properly just how fearsome the ACV is: a Radar Intercept Officer wants to cut down on time reporting contacts, and leaving a space wastes precious moments better used analyzing other contacts. Same basic deal with the word BioAndroid, but in that case, 'Bioandroid' was deemed too impersonal; I felt like I was talking about just another generic android-like machine, when in fact BioAndroids were actually fully sentient, living beings. While their brains and such are manufactured, they are subjected to an accelerated form of experiencing life, based on real people's brains. The only fundamental difference between a human's brain and a BA's brain other then the size, is the fact that a BA's brain is not naturally made, and it contains enhancements human brain's aren't even capable of using.)

The massive SwarmCarrier measures 9.2km in length, 2km in width, and 3km in height, and contains a three hundred foot thick front 'door' with facilities for walking inside for repairs, and a five kilometer long hangar bay equipped with a magnetic docking system that allows small crafts to dock literally in open space when needed, and is mainly used to secure larger ships- the SwarmCarrier often carries its own escort fleet inside of it (Or vice versa: the SwarmCarrier often escorts vessels by carrying them inside of itself.) It is equipped with 1.5 million Laser Guns, the weakest but fastest firing optical weapon short of a Paladin Point Defense Laser System which is meant for defeating missiles, on its left and right flanks, has hundreds of thousands of HE Missile batteries in between these guns, (HE Missiles are tiny and used much like the CIWS on an aircraft carrier, but in this case to swat down smaller vessels) is equipped with a 144 foot thick top deck with its entire border stationing Flak-18/S batteries (almost identical to a Flak-8,8 in most ways, but larger and featuring an autoloading system housed in the stalk. It still fires physical shells.) two large bridges on top, the layout of which almost an exact copy of the bridge on the USS Lexington complete with upsized versions of its 5'' guns. (eight guns in front and behind the bridge for a total of thirty-two) and hundreds of large-caliber missile silos dotting the desk armour. Oh, and one of the largest weapons someone ever had the bright idea of bolting onto an ACV, the E-Beam. Half the length and width but just as long as its host, the E-Beam is to the SwarmCarrier what the GAU-8 is to the A-10A- the A-10A is a cockpit, two engines and wings bolted onto a gun, and the SwarmCarrier is a really big box bolted onto a really big cylinder. With a few extra guns. The E-Beam came from Project Juggernaut, which was the failed attempt to load an orbital cannon onto an ACV frame. This project was later tuned into the anti-recoil system for the E-Beam, and is known as the Juggernaut Engine, turning the engine bank into a pyramid from the side. (The Juggernaut Cannon was too powerful for any frame to use it, so it was toned down to be an engine; ironically, it is still capable of blowing away a medium-sized ACV directly behind it, so SwarmCarrier offensives are typically only a single rank deep because of blue-on-blue issues.) The E-Beam enables the SwarmCarrier to blast through any and all known enemy armour, and would do considerable damage against even the 288-foot thick deck plate of the prospective dedicated carrier version of the SwarmCarrier. (Which had no missile silos, so the deck was not only double the thickness, but was completely solid. It also lacked the mobile bridge every other SwarmCarrier had embedded in the deck armour as a result, so it was reliant on the deck bridges and the fixed forward bridge just above the hangar doors.)

It also makes for one really ugly aerodynamic profile. A big fat rectangle with extremely bumpy sides, essentially a huge dead-end hollow metal tube and really, really heavy armour bolted onto each other. Reentering atmosphere. At very high speeds. Like the AED-20, the SwarmCarrier does not fly in atmosphere; it shoves its way through. As bad as its aerodynamic profile may be, reentry heating is nothing to it, as it was build to withstand firing of the E-Beam and Juggernaut Engine in tandem, which produces amazing levels of structural stress. So while the SwarmCarrier was not designed to easily reenter atmosphere (human crewmembers were unheard of due to the unshielded radioactive generators, so a smooth ride was not a required luxury) The SwarmCarrier is often used in atmosphere for local fire support and transportation of ground forces from orbit. It is also the emergency evacuation vehicle of choice because it can reenter straight down as if the atmosphere didn't even exist, allowing it to make landfall as fast as possible; and its huge size allows for vast numbers of people to be evacuated at once, using removable floor plates where time allows.
© Copyright 2011 Ocean Seven (project-n25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1818606-One-Man-War-Saga-Outline-1993-3000