*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1820004-Severe-Wind-Advisory
by ruwth
Rated: E · Essay · Contest Entry · #1820004
"Severe Wind Advisory" as a title was the Writer's Cramp prompt used for this item.
Severe Wind Advisory


Into each life some wind must blow. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said something like that:

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.


It would be nice if we had a good clear warning when a storm in life was approaching. In the Bible, there is a parable about the storms coming and the house that is built on the rocks standing and weathering the storm while the house built on the sand fell.

When the wind and rain hits your life, are you able to weather it?

It might be easier for us all if we were sent a divine message such as "Severe Wind Advisory" but our common fate does not include being prewarned of each impending disaster. So what are we to do?

We need to be prepared!

The storms of life will come . . . and those who are prepared have a much better chance of coming through them relatively unscathed. Actually, in life, those who are prepared can not only weather the storm but sometimes come out of the storm better and stronger than when it started.

The best tool for dealing with the storms of life that I have found is: Trusting God. Whenever I have used this tool in any storm of life, it has consistently produced positive results . . . and helped me deal with the wind and rain that has come my way.

And remember that there is always a Severe Wind Advisory pending in your future. Since we can't get off the road of life, we need to be prepared to hunker down, trust God and weather the storm!

Word Count: 303
© Copyright 2011 ruwth (ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1820004-Severe-Wind-Advisory