*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1827706-No-More-Lauging-at-Me
by CAD
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1827706
The story of a man plagued by another's laughter.
"Why are you laughing at me?"
He was quenching his laughter into giggles as he pressed his lips together and smiled. My face went red with outrage. "I am outraged that you are laughing at me!" His mirth was ceaseless as he giggled out "I know."
"Why are you laughing at me!" I had to know but he wouldn't answer me. He just kept giggling. I pulled out my gun and lined my sights on his lips."Why are you laughing at me?" I said through clenched teeth. His laughter stopped. His demeanor grew serious as if we had always been sworn enemies. After a short pause he was in full motion, stepping to the side as he knocked my gun to the right, and pulled out his own. He was fast. Before I could bring my sights back to him, he had barrel-rolled behind a long ago bombed wall. I followed his initiative and leaped behind a wall opposite his wall. "Why were you laughing at me!," I shouted again.
"WERE? Still am!," he giggled.
"Well I don't like it!"
"Well I don't like the uncomfortable rubble I'm laying on!"
"You're laying down!?" I asked in disbelief.
"Of course I am, aren't you?"
"No I'm waiting for you to stick you head out so I can shoot it off!"
"Well I'm waiting for you to shut up so I can sleep!" He sounded serious.
"Are you serious?"
"Of course I'm serious, are you serious?"
I was."No! I was just joking!"
"Oh well in that case I can come out and continue laughing at you."
I stuck my head up and there he was without his gun in hand. I fired at him as quickly as I could. I swore under my breath as he dodged the bullet.
"Too slow," he called out from behind his wall and then let out a few 'Ha Ha's' aimed toward me.
"This is not funny!"
"Sure it is!" " This is most humorous," he added on in a bad oriental accent.
"Jerk." I muttered.
"I heard that!"
Frustrated I stood up and fired three shots at his wall.
"Ooooooh coool that felt good. Do it again!"
I flopped back down my back against my wall and hugged my knees. "It's not fair."
"Oh Boohoo I'm laying on very uncomfortable rubble right now and can't sleep because someone keeps making noise."
Out of sheer childish rebellion I fired the rest of my clip in the air.
"Oh real mature."
"At least I'm not the one laughing at people." I said reaching for my extra clip.
"Yeah well at least I'm not the one who dropped his spare clip."

Who's going to get the last laugh?
© Copyright 2011 CAD (omegacad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1827706-No-More-Lauging-at-Me