*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1827710-doesnt-look-good-on-you
Rated: E · Other · Satire · #1827710
Inspired by my motivation to not be jaded.
Twenty mintues have passed, you are still talking about the trojan horse life has handed you. Please let me interrupt you!



But first, before I do I must prepare. Please give me a moment while I step onto my soap box. Here go ahead and take the time to read my credentials. I must add that  a few are self proclaimed.



You'll  see that my resume states psychotherapist  along with amateur philosopher. I believe this me gives me some clout, maybe just some semi legitimate street cred. Now I'm up high enough balancing on this box and can voice my views. Of course while looking down on you.



I see you staggering through life.You are going through the daily grind along with weekends full of trivial fun.



I notice the sincerity you have.

The desire to be appreciated and understood.

The contagious affect you have on others.

Yet you close yourself off when the opportunity  of someone good is right in front of you.



You are blinded!

Blinded by burdens of people who did you wrong.

You wear your own version of a scarlet letter because you earned that emotional battle wound.

Well,  pull up a bar stool and let's trade war stories.

We can do shots of whiskey while we attempt to one up each other.



Your pain is not unique.

You are not the first to be betrayed, violated, and taken for granted.

I am so sick of seeing you waste your potential because life has tarnished you.



I will applaud you for feeling the pain. Go through your own tornado and feel the depth of despair that is needed. Once the tornado fades out you can view the destruction and grieve the losses, but there comes a time when you need to rebuild.



When are you going to rebuild?

How long are you going let the person who mistreated you continue to rob you from happiness?



Don't be afraid of self reflection.



Self awareness along with self actualization. This will become the key to your personal happiness.



Seriously! Stop being jaded and bitter, it doesn't look good on you.



November 2011
© Copyright 2011 zebrasandcoffee (zebrasncoffee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1827710-doesnt-look-good-on-you