*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1833775-novella-My-Mexico-Omnibus
Rated: E · Novel · Sci-fi · #1833775
Collecting my atmospheric Mexican trilogy "My Mexico" into an omnibus
Book 1: Monsters

3 Stars, 189 views, 0 reviews.

Travelling to Santa Anna for the annual Mexican Monster Truck Rally had become a ritual for my family. In the month leading up to the event my brother River and I would excitedly draw pictures of last years trucks, and our imaginings of what new behemoths would await us. The fact that we would stay with my Uncle Luis was not ignored by us. We liked to see our Uncle. He was good to us and it was he who first made the Mexican Monster Truck Rally a Lopez family institution. But really no family ties could compare to watching a giant ford truck scream  it's dominance across the valley like some prehistoric Hispanic dinosaur.



Book 2: Estrella

3 Stars, 174 views, 0 reviews.

My sombero had never felt so small. It’s band was tight across my forehead and I was feeling light headed. My light hearted friend Estrella still danced in front of me, her long black hair flying wildly, her long flowing velvet skirt a whirl of passion. My passion. I was more in love with her in this moment then I had ever been. My friend Estrella, engaged to my uncle Luis.



Book 3: Monsters, Again.

3 Stars, 192 views, 1 review.

The hot hispanic sun wavered in a sky that should belong to no one. It's harsh rays beating down and cowering man and animal alike. There was no one on the trail, there never was during the afternoons I spent at my Uncle Luis' kiosk in Santa Anna. So we were caught unawares by the zombre horde.



Epilogue: Sunset Ride

3 Stars, 176 views, 1 review.

River, Luis, Estrella and me. And Mexico, beating in our hearts if not our brains.







Sunset Ride.
© Copyright 2011 Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST (thundersbeard at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1833775-novella-My-Mexico-Omnibus