*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1834127-Hill-and-stone-stone-and-hill
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Action/Adventure · #1834127
a poem after the tolkenesque style (I hope I spelled that right)
Under hill and stone, stone and hill, we march to war and to war we march against the evil king.
An ancient tunnel under hill and stone, stone and hill with many sounds of the dead echoing through its dark confines.
I now sea the light bright as day at the end of this tunnel under hill and stone, I hear the enemy warriors with their fierce war cries above stone and hill.
I prepare myself to join battle against them defying death's stony grip.
My friends and comrades falling, falling into a dark shroud, stony death under the hill of stone, at the hands of our enemies.
I fight with valor and fear on my side, to remain above hill and stone.
I fight, fight for life, king and country finally above hill and stone.

The battle not yet over is raging around me.
We are losing being pushed back under hill and stone where we will be slaughtered.
A horn blows in the distance.
Our friends the Elves come to join us in our struggle against our evil foe.
We fall back letting the Elves stream past.
We follow them so that we may overwhelm all of the enemy warriors who were left behind by the Elves and set up our camp above hill and stone, stone and hill.
We run through the city where inocent men were put to death by the evil king.
The Elve's horn is blown once more.
I raise my own horn to my lips and blow, blow for all I am worth.
Full of victory and pride for my people.

We have reached the castle now and are prepairing to break down the door.
My captain strong and brave gives the order.
The battering ram hits the gates once, twice, three times!
Crash! the noise is all I hear .The dust all I see. Pain all I feel.
My head clears. My vision as well. I am lying on the ground both legs broken my sword gone.
I try to lift my horn to my lips but it is broken in distress I say one last prayer to God before blackness envelopes me.

I wake light streaming through a window, my body is still in pain but a lessend pain.
An Elf leans over my prostrate body and props me up so that I may drink the broth he has brought.
Question rolling around in my head unable to wait to come out.
I begin babbelling incoherently. The Elf motions for me to be silent.
I finish my broth and now I can speek properly.
I begin asking questions. The Elf patiently answering them.
We won! We won! Oh! happy day we have won!
© Copyright 2011 Dr. Dnomyar (drdnomyar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1834127-Hill-and-stone-stone-and-hill