*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1841879-Dear-Me
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1841879
My Writing Goals for 2012
Dear Me,

Snow, before I begin discussing your writing goals for 2012 I want to make one thing completely clear. I am sick of hearing how you messed up 2011. Get over it! Either put it in God’s hands, deal with the consequences or let it go, but do not dwell on it any more because you do not have a time machine to go back and change the past.

Now to the present, this is 2012 and, according to popular rumor, the end of the world on December 21. Therefore, you should consider the remote possibility that the rumormongers might be right. Are there any unfinished writing projects you want to complete before that date? If so, set up a schedule to finish those projects. After all, if this doomsday scenario does occur, you do not to litter the space-time continuum with loose ends or confetti sized pieces of paper.

It is 2012; you are 65 years old and time to focus on what you want, which is to write. You are a talented woman, so stop worry and start writing. Finish the rewrite of Scavenger and get it published. Do not focus on how difficulty of the project. Instead, remember your Grandfather Newland, if he had accepted the doctor’s prediction that your mother would not live you would not have been born.

Rather then listening to the doctor, your Grandfather did everything in his power to make sure your mother live. Your mother survived and because of her survival, you were born. Therefore, stop worrying and start writing.

Your word count goal is 2,000 a day. All you have to do is write them. You do not have to write them all at once. Write while the washer is running. Create a daily work schedule that allows you to write and do not let anything stop you. Focus on the writing. Focus on what you are doing at any one moment and not what you still need to do.

These are your goals for 2012.


*Snow1* Write 2,000 words a day.
*Snow2* Finish rewriting Scavenger.
*Snow3* Make a work schedule.
*Snow4* Submit your finished pieces for publication.
*Snow5* When your inner critic says, “It can’t be done!” Prove your inner critic wrong.

Yours truly,
Prosperous Snow

Word Count: 373

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1841879-Dear-Me